Chapter 7 - Prince Caspian

Y/N and Edmund were shaken awake by Susan, whose eyes were wide and franctic.
"Susan, what is it?" asked Edmund, because - judging by Susan's behaviour - something was obviously wrong.
"It's Peter and Lucy. They aren't here!" said Susan.
"Don't worry. If Peter's there, then they'll be alright," said Y/N, rubbing her eyes.
She was proven wrong by a yell - followed by cries and grunts - that came from somewhere nearby.
"That sounded like Peter," said Susan.

The three of them and Trumpkin armed themselves and ran up the small hill that was close by. They followed the sound of the fighting for a while, until it stopped. It was replaced by the sounds of birds and footsteps and hooves.
When they reached the source, Susan yelled out, "Peter!"
Y/N and Edmund drew out their swords precautionarily, before realising that there was no need. Opposite Peter stood a man who looked to be about Susan's age. His hair fell almost to his shoulders and he had a bloody lip and an evident cleft in his chin. As soon as he heard Susan, he looked down at the sword in his hand.

"High King Peter," he said.
"I believe you called," said Peter.
By this statement, Susan, Edmund and Y/N understood that the man in front of them was Prince Caspian.
"Well, yes, but... I thought you'd be older," said Prince Caspian, looking them up and down.
"Well, if you'd like, we could come back in a few years..." said Peter.
"No!" said Caspian hastily, "No, that's alright. You're just... You're not exactly what I expected."
His eyes wandered to Susan, who hid her blush well.
"Neither are you," said Edmund.
"A common enemy unites even the oldest of foes," said a badger.
"We have anxiously awaited your return, my liege," said a mouse.
The mouse was dressed most doughtily - even though all he wore was a long red feather on a gold ring around his ear and a baldric holding a tiny rapier. There was something about him that impressed Y/N.

"Our hearts and swords are at your service," continued the mouse.
Peter smiled at him and Y/N could tell that he was impressed too.
"Oh my gosh. He is so cute," whispered Lucy to Susan and Y/N.
"Who said that?" the mouse drew out his rapier and asked loudly - as if Lucy's statement had upset him.
"Sorry," said Lucy, stepping forward.
"Oh...uh...Your Majesty. With the greatest respect, I do believe 'courageous', 'courteous' or 'chivalrous' might more befit a knight of Narnia," said the mouse, putting back his sword and Y/N knew instantly that she quite liked him.

"Well, at least we know some of you can handle a blade," said Peter amusingly.
Caspian didn't seem to like his words.
"Yes, indeed. And I have recently put it to good use, securing weapons for your army, Sire," said the mouse.
"Good. Because we're gonna need every sword we can get," said Peter, turning to Caspian.
"Well, then... You will probably be wanting yours back," said Caspian, holding up Peter's sword.
Peter grabbed it from him and sheathed it, frowning. He turned around and began walking, everyone else following.