Chapter 1: Bumping into you

It was a cold winter night and you were sitting in a loud, crowded pub, sipping your beer in slow, large gulps. It had been a busy day for you, juggling final year assignments for your Arts major, submitting your portfolio for every single job you could find, and working part time at a cafe.

In just a month, you would pass out of University, and that thought scared you because you knew it was difficult to make it as an artist.

Your school friends had asked you to meet at this pub, because they were all attending a BTS concert nearby. You wished you had the time or money to stan the idols, because you loved their music especially when you had to create new artwork, but right now, your priority was to be independent and make your dreams come true.

After being stuck in traffic for an hour, you had reached the pub late, but were still the first one to reach. 'I guess the show isn't over yet,' you thought before chugging the last sip from your glass. You paid your tab and stepped out into the back alley for a smoke. As you lit your cigarette, the sky lit up with fireworks in the distance, glowing pink and purple against the dark silhouette of the buildings in the alleyway.

'I wish I could be there,' you sighed, knowing that the fireworks marked the end of the show. Your phone began to ring, it was your best friend.

"Hello y/n, we're so sorry, the concert just got over. Have you been waiting very long?" she yelled over the loud screams in the background.

"No, it's okay, I understand. You know I don't mind being alone. How far are you?"

"We've actually met some nice people here and they know of a better pub closer to the venue. Could you meet us there?"

"Sure, send me the location." You knew it was a special day for your friends, you could hear the excitement in their voice, and you didn't want to ruin the fun for them no matter how tired you were.

You lugged your sling bag diagonally over your shoulder and started walking towards the location of the pub. The roads were clogged with traffic and drowning in the sounds of honks and engines, as the concert crowd must have begun to swarm out. You decided to take a longer path through smaller alleys, to get away from all the noise.

As you got closer to the venue, you noticed several groups of girls dressed up in flashy outfits, walking excitedly, giggling and cheering amongst themselves. 'I wish I knew how to be pretty,' you thought, looking down at your hoodie and ripped jeans, laughing at yourself. For the past couple of years, the only thing that mattered to you was your art, and you didn't care about your appearance.

Your phone rang again. "Hey, have you reached the place?", your friend yelled. You could still hear the loud cheering in the background.

"Yeah, I'm almost there."

"Oh no, we're still stuck in the parking. There's some commotion over the BTS tour bus going on here. Some crazy fans ambushed them, it seems."

"Haha, be honest, have you kidnapped Taehyung?", you laughed, knowing how hard she stanned V.

"I wish," she sighed. "But babe, seriously, we'll be stuck here for a while I think."

"That's okay, I'll wait for you. Don't worry about me, just have fun."

"Love youuuu!!" she exclaimed as she disconnected the call.

You were passing by a narrow, secluded path around a park, surrounded by bushes and trees on both sides. In the distance, city lights peaked through the trees. You spotted a bench in the distance and decided to sketch the view to pass your time. You set your bag down and pulled out your notepad and small stubby pencil and started making rough strokes for the cityscape and trees. You plugged your headphones into your phone and played 'Still With You'. You always returned to this song on lonely nights like these.