Chapter 7: The Tipping Point!

Jungkook's world stood still as his senses flooded with her – the supple skin of her arms where goosebumps slowly emerged under his fingers, the sound of her quickened breathing as he pulled her close to him, the subtle vanilla scent emanating from her neck, and the sight of her quivering lips.

The flood came in relentless waves, one after another, crashing against the walls of Jungkook's heart, like a raging storm waiting to be let in. Jungkook resisted, as this inexplicable force of nature wreaked havoc in his body, causing the loud thumping of his heart to echo between his ears, leaving his hands wet in cold sweat, his throat dry and his toes numb. His thoughts, drowning under the sound of his labored breathing, reduced to incoherent babbling of a madman, no longer able to reason between need and want, frenzied by the tingling from unfamiliar sensations.

As the storm spiraled within him, turning his world over on its head, he felt his restraint reach its tipping point. As the waves brimmed over his threshold, his frantic internal struggle intensified violently, gasping for respite, until his gaze focused on her eyes. Like curtains unfurling to reveal a wizard's darkest magic, her lashes flickered upwards as a glimmer flashed across the quivering dark waters of her irises. Like the butterfly effect, her slightest revelation was enough to tip Jungkook over the edge. As he let go, giving himself up to the waves, he parted his lips, with an unquenchable desire to taste her. And just like that, the storm receded, giving way to the clear skies of a singular resolve.

The struggle gave way to euphoria, as he no longer felt torn between what he wanted and what was right. Just a little glimpse of the universe her eyes hid within them, was enough for him to know that he wanted her. Something inside him yearned to explore the deepest caverns of her mind, to memorize every mole and wrinkle on her body, to be the cause of her heartiest laughter and the cure of her deepest woes. It felt like something clicked in place inside him like the lost piece of a puzzle, as he let himself accept this undeniable truth, and suddenly everything was crystal clear.

His lips curved upwards in a relaxed smile, as his body buzzed with ecstasy, his senses heightened to all her stimuli. His grip tightened on her arms as he leaned towards her, no longer able to keep his distance - the chasm of a few inches between them that felt unbearably far. He felt her lashes flutter shut, as her head turned upwards towards him ever so slightly, like submitting herself to him. Despite all of Jungkook's exceptional achievements in the past, he was sure he had never felt this overpowered by pleasure before. In a blink, he closed the divide between them, and gently placed his lips over hers. Her lips parted as Jungkook's upper lip eased in between them, their breaths mingling into each other. Jungkook pressed on her mouth, savoring the sweetness of her lip balm, as he sucked on her plump lower lip.

The moment could not have lasted very long, but to Jungkook, every second registered itself as an entire event in his memory - the heat he felt erupt inside him as her arms draped around his neck, their chests pressed against each other, no longer able to differentiate between their rapidly thumping heartbeats and her lips pulling on his with a hunger that matched his.

And just like that, the moment ended as he felt her pull away from him, reacting to the chatter of the girls standing some feet away on the park trail. He kept his hands firmly placed on her waist, tightening his grip, as the world around him continued to remain a faint blur of sights and sounds. She met his intense gaze timidly as she peered into his eyes, while a shy blush spread across her face. Jungkook couldn't help but bite his lip, to suppress both, the urge to giggle and to kiss her again.

Despite being overprotected for being in BTS since he was a teenager, Jungkook had had enough exposure to the opposite sex – from the trainees and staff at BigHit, to other idols, models and actresses that he happened to meet at parties and events. Almost all of them fawned over him and the other members immediately, like some unspoken law of a cult, mesmerized by their public personas. Jungkook had even dated quite a few of them, binding them with NDA agreements of course, ones that had seemed quirky or sincere or just too persistent, but they had never lasted very long because he had never felt very inquisitive or excited about anyone. As he grew older, the women he allowed in his life became fewer and farther apart, and he found himself growing more and more distant towards them, like observing their behavior from afar from a cold impartial perspective, having no vested interest in the subject. On some nights, when he was forced to sleep away from his hyungs, he felt an unexplained restlessness originating from an aching hollowness in his chest. He was almost convinced he was broken, and incapable of feeling romantic love.