Chapter 16 - Guilty Pleasures!

Note: I'm wondering if I should give this an 18+ disclaimer. But I don't want to get your hopes up lmao! Tough call, read at your own discretion.

The house looked different in the dark, more intimidating somehow compared to how welcoming it seemed during the day, when the sunlight fell to the floor like a golden carpet beneath Jungkook's feet. Save for Y/N's shoes lying neatly in the shoe rack near the entrance, the apartment felt deserted. There were no lights on in the hall and from the stillness in the air, Jungkook could tell that the heat wasn't on either. He moved through the house with his hand held out before him and turned on the lights. On so many nights before this, he had dropped by the apartment, heading straight for the studio, looking for solace from a hard day. He was going to do the same today, except it was to embrace the person who had now become his source of relief.

The door creaked louder than he wanted it to as he pushed it slightly. It almost felt darker inside with nothing on the walls to break the dark tone of the wooden panels, that now seemed to close in on the room. His eyes wandered across the studio, adjusting to the lack of light, and fell to the little ball of a human curled up on the floor enveloped in the pale blue moonlight cascading over her from her. He walked inside lightly but his foot bumped into something on the third or fourth step, causing it to scrape against the wooden floor loudly. He stood frozen in place, his shoulders drawing up to his ears with a wince, as he waited for Y/N to stir. He breathed a sigh of relief when she didn't, and then pulled his phone out of his back pocket to use its light to guide him through the cluttered maze on the ground. He stood silently over Y/N for a while, just watching her back rise and fall with her breath, her knees pulled up close to her chest. A book was tucked under her head with her hair fanned out over it, and a jacket was thrown over her hip, perhaps meant to serve as a cover while she slept. Brushes, gloves, rags, a few empty cups, files and other knick knacks were scattered around her carelessly.

He sank to his knees beside her, affection bubbling inside of him rapidly, causing his chest to feel heavy, with the weight of his swelling heart. He leaned forward and pressed his lips to her shoulder where the neck of her unbuttoned shirt was slipping over to reveal her tender skin and the thin band of a tank top underneath. He savored the moment, letting his mouth linger over her as he inhaled a part of her skin that he had never touched before, never kissed before. With ragged breathing, he grazed his knuckles against the apple of her cheek, enthralled by her peaceful face and its luminescence in the soft blue shine of the moon. She grew more beautiful in his eyes every time he saw her. And the more she opened herself for him, the more he felt another knot tighten around him, tying him to her in a transcendent bond.

A faint moan came from her, floating up into the silence around them. Her brow furrowed momentarily as she whimpered again, before shuffling in her place slightly. Jungkook stroked her head tenderly, his fingers ghosting over her hair, until her breathing evened again. He cupped his hands under her neck and in the nook of her knees and rolled her gently into his arms before rising to his feet. Her narrow frame perched comfortably in his hands, her full lips, parted ever so slightly and her warmth as she leaned into his chest, blinded Jungkook's senses with an urge to hold her close to him, never allowing any distance to separate them ever again. He didn't care what Sejin or Mr. Bang or anyone else thought, he would shout his affections for this woman from rooftops if he could.

He moved carefully across the floor, avoiding the paintings laid in his path and carried her to his bedroom. It broke his heart to see how untouched everything was, no sign of her having spent hours and hours inside the same house.

"Mmm," she complained sleepily, curling her fingers into the lapels of his jacket and nuzzling her face in his chest as he laid her on the bed and began to pull back. "You smell so good," she giggled in a groggy voice, face still swollen and sticking with sleep.