Chapter 9 A night of thoughts

Y/n POV

I drove home from the store to find myself thinking about the woman, Jamie, and Ludel, but for some reason why did Jamie take my picture and why did Ludel not have a top on. 'Do people get into deep shit or they're ashamed about their past and want to look good to feel good about themselves?' I think as I pulled into the parking lot and turn off the engine to my Jeep.

When I got between the elevator and stairwell, then thought long and hard, so I decided to climb the stairs and when I arrived at the fifth floor I see jin smoking. The smoke was thinner and more like a vapor than any Vapes or e-cigs I've seen in my dimension, but the edges of her eyes were a deep dark blue as her irises were a crimson red with a black luster behind them. I hesitantly approached her to see an image from and it looked like a male but had the same color as her.

"Jin, you good?" I said stating my concerns for her. She turns to look at me and offers me one of hers, which I didn't want to disappoint her. She gets her lighter that seems to use small amounts of plasma and lights my stick. I inhaled a large amount and plowed it out feeling my body tingle in a sensation that, I, myself cannot put to words, but I start to see memories of my mother.

"What you see is a projection of the people who loved you the most in your past, it can help you clean your mind of things that can cloud your judgment," she said looking into the horizon. After I and jin finished our smokes we head inside with me beginning to cook Beef stew.
So as we finished supper and cleaned our dishes I then get a signal from my radio, then someone spoke. "Son, do you copy?" a mature woman said through it.

I looked at the ladies as I hesitantly grabbed it. "Answer it, we're with you 'till the end," lily whispered assuring me that they're with me. I smiled as I nodded, then I answered her. "This is private Y/n L/n of the United States armed forces, Navy SEAL can you identify yourself, ma'am?" I said asking her name.

"Lieutenant Lilith L/n a.k.a 'the Silent Maiden of Death', retired spec ops operator and hyperletal mother," she proclaimed. At this point, I was mentally crying as Ying confronts me, then put myself back together. "If your mother, then what pistol you gave me when we were escaping Los Angeles?" "A B23r with a suppressor," she replied in a motherly tone.

There I knew if my mother was alive and still kicking ass in this dimension, but now this is a 'now or never moment. "I'm setting a rendezvous at a noodle stand with female panda running it, except witnesses and there we will unite as a duo again, over." "What time?" she asked. " 1145 hours," I answered.

"Confirmed, see ya there private, out," she said. "You too," I said shedding tears that soak my face. Lily, Ying, and Jin were now were hugging someone that gets to see their mother.

As we prepared for bed I was reading a book about quantum theories, I couldn't get my head around the equations and the answers, but I understood them all too well. "Y/n, I'm sensing a lot of emotions from you, is everything alright?" Mervin asked concern for me. "I don't know Merv, I'm just confused on how my mother is still alive, but in this world," I said looking at the ceiling.

"Like one minute your dead, then the next minute later your alive and still kicking ass, it ain't even a lick of sense on how," I said expressing my opinion to the AI. "If it makes you feel better you can ask your mother about it."

"Your right...... I should get some sleep, goodnight Merv and thanks for the talk," I said closing my eyes. "Goodnight Y/n," he said putting himself on sleep mode for tomorrow.

Lilith POV

I can't believe it my son is here in midnight city, but what perplexed me was that he said 'navy seals'. Was he now in the military like I was back then? I'll have to ask him about it when I see him again, but first I must rest so I can feel his warmth in my arms.

'See you soon my son.' I think as I fall asleep.