Part two: It's only the second year and my simple life is starting to crumble.

Note: I'm tweaking the years they're in for plot reasons. If you don't like it straying from canon I'll remind you this is a fanfiction. 

-Iris

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd year.

Marien, only had one thing she ever really thought these days, leaving Hogwarts.

Last year, as eventful as it was, was not healthy to continue, She watched Harry almost fall to his death, become a seeker and swallow the snitch, a troll set loose in the girls bathroom with the obnoxious girl, Hermione, Gryffindor lose 150 points, go through homework, essays and Snape, finding out there was a dragon being smuggled in the school, the trio, Neville and Malfoy be sent into the FORBIDDEN forest, Harry defeating professor Quirrell of people and all in one year. 

Oh and, Gryffindor winning the house cup after six years of Slytherins reign. This didn't clash well with her simplistic lifestyle, though, she was still a background character to her relief. A recent scandal of the golden trio is that they flew a car into the whomping willow earning a detention from professor McGonagall, and school had just started too.

The only good things she could list was her care of magical creatures, she was acing along with Herbology with Neville, who she befriended after unjinxing him, hanging out with Oliver, who became protective of her in a brotherly way, She and Susan becoming roommates, in which they got along well. She had thought she was doing very well in charms at least, but only came fourth in her class, the runner up by half a mark.

That was basically it, she had pretty popular friends unlike herself, who spent more time helping Professor Kettleburn, her favourite teacher, just before , McGonagall, who saw the girl was like himself.

There were three things disturbing her life however:

1. There seem to be a lot of major stress events caused by a certain Golden Trio

2. Malfoy and his Pureblooded lackeys constantly bullying Hufflepuff's

3. Finally, two words...Cedric, Diggory.

Yes, I know what you're thinking, Cedric, seeker on the Hufflepuff team, prefect, prince of Hufflepuff, was sincerely unrealistic, but the young Clark could dream, as long as it remained that way, a dream.

She had met him in first year, she had finally stood between Malfoy and a poor Gryffindor in her year, he just sneered and let his henchmen do the work, walking away as she was pushed to the floor, satchel and all falling down with her.  She tried her best not to let any tears fall, but the dear introvert wasn't even good at that as her eyes began to water while she stood up and brushed herself off. *what am I going to do with myself? I knew I was useless but not this useless, I guess it comes with the price of being invisible...OK! let's get the pity party over with, now where is that quill?-*

"Are you alright miss? I saw you getting pushed from across the hall, I should've come sooner if I'd known". 

She heard young yet mature voice. She looked upwards to see a bright young lad with soft chocolate brown hair and striking blue eyes, fair skin and on the leaner side...but not any less handsome, with her quill in hand. She shook her head at such taboo thoughts, surely he had a girlfriend of some sort.

"N-no, eghm, I'm alright, it's just a slight tumble that's all, you shouldn't have to deal with a silly quarrel between first years, I assure you I can take care of this" She rambled as she hastily took it out of his hand, fingers brushing and her cheeks blushing (lol I'm so funny- jkjk).