Who looks good in yellow anyways (not me)

As it turns out, she was very right about that strange journal.

Word has it that it was a dark object that was possessing students, that Lockhart forgot himself quite literally, Harry is a parseltongue which somehow links him to the heir of Slytherin? There was so much more but she refused to be surprised since what transpired in their first year. Fortunately as an insignificant character she only worried about being alone, which Susan and Oliver refused to let her be, Susan more because she herself was afraid. The only things that had weighed her down was her final tests which would probably come out average and dealing with Oliver who acted as if the world had ended since he had lost to Hufflepuff, specifically Cedric. Lets just say lots of self made apple strudels were consumed in the healing process. 

Rumours were crazy though, like Hermione being sent to the infirmary three times, that the exams were to be cancelled and that Slytherin may not win the house cup. The most preposterous of all would have to be that a Cerberus lay on the third floor, which sources came from Peeves. Who in their right minds would trust the poltergeist?

Back to the journal, she was approached by the red head once more who she had learned was named Ginny, Ron's younger sister and the youngest Weasley. She had apologised for her behaviour and the Clark didn't make a fuss, instead befriending her, soon learning the first year had a quidditch obsession much like a certain Captain of hers, so they became fast friends. Marien had no idea how well it had impacted the mini Weasley after everything that happened, and was soon become happier as the days rolled past, leaving her older brothers confused as to who the hell was Marien and why they had never heard of her. 

Something that bugged the Hufflepuff was one of her quills had begun to disappear and reappear, sometimes moving on its own, and having its own ink, she presumed it was a jinx from one of the Malfoy minions and left it alone, but she would occasionally find it in her satchel. 

Right now everyone was dealing with the aftermath of Potters mess, who was now hailed as a hero, which confused her seeing as they had been isolating and persecuting him only weeks ago. She had never been more glad as to not carry any significant title to her name, and to not underestimate the chosen ones resilience to the nastiness that festered in people. She didn't even know why he was a hero, something about slaying Slytherins monster, which was probably a serpent of sorts considering the house, no offence intended. Though she didn't enjoy the killing of creatures bad and good alike, she felt a weight lift from her shoulders that she could walk alone safely again. Who knew what would happen next, a war criminal breaks into the castle? Sure and she'd have a whole friend group.

It was summer and the end of the year was approaching. People were making last minute stupid memories, leaving love confessions and promises to meet up over break. Excitement and dread filled the halls of the leaving seniors and eager juniors, alas the cycle of life. 

Marien was currently walking next to Oliver, who had bags under his eyes and a dead stare, making people clear from his path and sending him looks of pity. His 'shadow', who he had asked to walk with in the first place  was sick of his silence and mourning over the loss and grabbed the red sleeve of his turtle neck, walking into a less crowded corridor, as she felt the midday sun hit her unkept frizzball she called hair, warming it up. He sat on the edge of the window, leaning his head on the column listlessly, and she just let him breathe and crossed her arms, leaning on the column next to him, keeping a foot next to his, letting him know she was still there. They listened to the summer birds chirp and dance as the breeze filled their noses, comforting one another in their silent presence, until she felt him shift and put his hands together on his leg, as if not knowing what to do with them and looked at her.