Potter again?

3rd POV

Marien walked up the forever changing stair cases thinking alone. A while had passes since Kaelynn had arrived and had the bachelors of Hogwarts at her beck and call, though she was painfully oblivious. She took a familiar left, a twist and a twirl and was in front of her transfigurations class with the Ravenclaws, some who seemed to be obsessed with with showing up the Hufflepuff's. Much to prior disbelief, although Slytherins and Gryffindor's are known for their intense rivalry,  Ravenclaws and Hufflepuff's were more about competitions of intelligence, where Ravenclaws flourished with their charms and transfiguration, Hufflepuff's had their herbology, COMC but neither particularly liked history of magic.

Of course, Marien rarely participated in these little competitions and watched from the side-lines, though if needed she would be brought up as a fourth addition to a group for a herbology showdown, she was good with carnivorous plants, especially the ones that bite.

Back to transfiguration, she was knocked over by a sudden force. What was it with her and falling??

"o-oh...I'm sorry about that, I'll be on my way..." said someone else.

 She looked to see a red head Gryffindor only inches shorter than her. She looked a lot like that friend of that potter boy and was trembling.

"No it's fine but are you alright? If you don't mind me asking."

The ginger shook her head rapidly as if she had been caught with her hand in a cookie jar.

"No I'm perfectly fine, I'll be on my way now."

Did she just repeat what she said? Ok there was definitely something wrong with her, she had never seen her in the second years so probably a first year, how strange, yes, new kids are nervous in the beginning of their first year but not to the extent they're shaking like someone told them their dog died, actually maybe her dog DID die? She stopped her theories when she saw an odd black leather book, so she did what any human being would do and picked it up. 

"Maybe it belongs to that girl..."

Marien murmured. But she shrugged and placed it in her book bag to remember to return it to that girl. In transfiguration, the Ravenclaws were already starting tension with the smart Hufflepuffs  as the room was divided almost perfectly into two, blue and yellow separated. Marien did what she does best and phased into the background of chatty students, she sat next to a girl named Padma Patil from Ravenclaw, they weren't close friends or anything but they were normal friends in the classes they shared together, sometimes greeting each other in the halls when she was in her popular friend group and twin. The Clark girl sometimes wished she had a twin, so she wasn't as alone, but it could be annoying to have a sibling stuck to your hip for the rest of your life, especially if they don't get along.

Soon Professor McGonagall began to start the lesson with transforming a match box into a mouse, which then turned into a competition which was won by a Hufflepuff student much to the blue house's dismay, that was another tally to the badgers.

"So Marien, what do you think of the boys here? I personally find Harry very cute"

Marie was confused at the sudden question but went with it regardless, she had gotten these questions before, but her answer was always the same,

"Well Padma, I honestly don't find any of the boys here attractive, I mean, they're all just immature twelve year-olds right now and  that Malfoy boy is a right foul git, But Oliver is very agreeable."

Padma sighed at her friends usual bluntness, no matter what she tried the girl never seemed to want to talk about any boy as a crush, not even Oliver. Though, she was getting there, "Agreeable" is better than "Alright", at least she thinks so.