~2~

𑁍𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙳𝚎𝚊𝚕𑁍

Yamaguchi's  Pov:

"Omg, I'm so sorry that happened Yams." Hinata said, an unhappy look on his face. 

"Its ok, I'll get over it, somehow." I said, smiling fakely. 

"We will help you, you'll never be alone." Kageyama said, finishing his milk. 

"Yeah! Besides, who needs that salty fry? You're better off without him Yams. I mean, what's the point in always being with him when he doesn't appreciate you?" Hinata stated, finishing his lunch. 

"Yeah, you're right. But, I've known him ever since I was little. It's hard to just, ya know, let go. Yes, he's an asshole, and I know he doesn't necessarily like me, but he saved more from those bullies." I said, looking at the ground.

"Don't worry, I'll protect you from now on!" Hinata said, standing up. 

"You? You can't protect anyone boke." Kageyama said, "Leave that to me." 

"Whatever baka." Hinata said. 

They started to argue, and I just stood up and laughed. I could never laughed like this with Tsukki, he would find it annoying. Tsukki isn't a good friend, and I'm just wasting my time with him, but how can you let someone go, when all you want to do is stay? 

"Yams? You ok?" Kageyama asked. 

"Yeah. We should get to class." I said, and they both nodded. 

We started to walk back to class, and we did spot Tsukki leaving his girlfriend of at her class. I felt my heart hurt as I saw him smiling brightly. He's truly happy with her. I'm just a bother...I sighed as I started to walk back to my class after Kageyama and Hinata went off to theirs. When I made it inside, I quickly sat at my desk, busying myself with doodling. After 2 or 3 minutes, Tsukki came walking inside the classroom. Remember Tadashi, you need to distance yourself. You're just a bother to him. 

I didn't say anything, and neither did him. It was strange really. I'd usually talk about anything with him. Well, I would talk, while he ignored and just listened to music. However, the only thing he did now was keep his eyes glued on his phone. It hurt, but it was expected. 

-------At Volleyball Practice------

Focus on the jump, focus on the ball. Focus on the power you hit the ball. It must be precise. I breathed in deeply before throwing up the ball, jumping, and hitting it. I watched as it flew over the net, and how Noya wasn't able to receive it. I felt joyness fill me and Noya put a thumbs up. 

"That was great Yama! I couldn't receive it!" Noya said, throwing the ball back to me. 

I nodded and walked away, so the other people could serve. 

"That was great kid, your serve is a true weapon." Coach Ukai said, patting my back. 

"Thanks Coach!" I said, bowing and walking over to Hinata. 

He was trying to say something about his new quick, but I was busy watching Kageyama serve. It's so powerful, so quick too. The control is extremely on point too! Its just like Oikawa's serve. I wish I could serve like that...

"You alright Yams?" Someone asked, startling me. 

"Oh, yeah I'm good." I said, looking to the side. 

Instead of Hinata, it was now Kageyama. 

"I saw your serve. It was good." I complemented. "I wish I could serve like that." 

"I can teach you." Kageyama said, drinking water out of his bottle. 

"Really!?" I said, surprised. 

"Yeah. In return, you can teach me your jump, float serve." He said. 

"Deal?" I asked, holding out a hand for him to shake. 

"Deal." He responded, letting out a laugh and shaking my hand.

----------------

"Hey Yamaguchi, aren't you coming?" Tsukishima asked, grabbing his bag. 

"Oh no, I'm staying behind to practice more." I said, waving at him. 

"You do know Hinata and the king also are going to stay behind, right?" He asked. 

"Yeah, I'm going to practice with them." I said, smiling. 

"Tch, whatever. Atleast the walk home will be quiet and peaceful." Tsukki said, before leaving the gym. 

I felt as if something stabbed my heart as he said that. I wasn't that annoying, right? I mean, I like to talk...but I didn't think it was annoying. He never told me to stop or that it was annoying. He is always listening to music, so he never heard me anyways.

"Just forget what he said. He's an asshole." A deep voice said behind me. 

I looked back and saw Kageyama with a volleyball in his hand. I nodded and us two went over to Hinata so we could start to practice. 

--------------

Throw the ball up, run up, jump, hit. It all seemed very easy, but it was extremely hard. After 2 extra hours of practice, we decided to stop. 

"You did good for your first try." Kageyama said, putting the volleyballs away. 

"Thanks. You did good too." I said, helping him. 

We quickly put the volleyball basket inside the storage room and then we also put the net away. 

"Hey guys, I have to go right now! I'll see you tomorrow, yeah?" Hinata said, waving at us. 

"Bye Hinata!" We said, waving at him. 

As the orange head disappeared, me and Kageyama kept cleaning and making sure that the gym was clean. I then closed it, since captain trusted me with the keys, and we walked off to the club room. Hinata was already gone, so we grabbed our bags, I closed the club room and then we started to walk together. 

"Hey, are you feeling better from earlier?"Kageyama asked, as we walked out of the school.

"I guess so. I mean, it hurt, but I'll get over it. I just, I just don't know what to do  now." I admitted, sighing deeply.

"Yeah, I understood. Tell you what, I have a friend who has gone through that, so maybe they can talk to you? Help you out?" Kageyama suggested, looking down at me. 

"That would be nice, thank you." I said, as we got to the corner when I had to go a different way. 

"Alright, we will talk tomorrow. Bye Yams." He said, before walking down the opposite road. 

I waved goodbye, and then I walked down my road. I was weirdly happy, even after what happened today. It's comforting to know I have friends who are there for me. However, knowing that Tsukki will never like me is painful, because all I want, is for him to like me.