~4~

☯︎𝙲𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎☯︎

Yamaguchi's Pov:

"Mum, I'm home!" I said, as me and Kageyama stepped inside the house. 

"Ah Tadashi, your home, finally!" My mum shouted, from the kitchen. 

Me and Kageyama took our shoes off and then walked into the kitchen, where my mum was busily writing something on her laptop. 

"Hello mum!" I said, hugging her. 

"Hello Tadashi. Oh, hello Kageyama, I'm happy to see you." She said, turning to us. 

"I'm happy to see you too Misses Yamaguchi." Kageyama said, smiling and bowing. 

"You already know you don't have to be so formal around me dear. Just call me Makaya." She said, smiling. "Well, we where you all afternoon Tadashi?"

"I was practicing volleyball with Kags. I asked him even he wanted to have a sleepover and he said yes." I said, fiddling with my fingers. 

"Ah, I see, well you're always welcomed in this house." She said, smiling at Kageyama. 

"Thank you Makaya." Kags said, smiling back. 

"I've been so caught up with work I didn't even make dinner. I'll go get takeaway. The usual?" She said, standing up and putting her coat on. 

"The usual." Both me and Kageyama said. 

She nodded and left the kitchen. After I heard the door close I turned to Kageyama.

"We should take a shower, we stink from training." I saw, leaving the kitchen. 

"Yeah, you can go first." Kageyama said, following me. 

I nodded, and he grabbed his backpack that he had put down next to the door. We then went upstairs into my room. I quickly got some clothes and headed into the bathroom, leaving Kageyama alone in my room. 

--------------------
Kageyama's Pov: 

Yamaguchi told me to relax in his room while he took a shower. I didn't feel awkward since I've been to his house before. I was relaxing on his bed, when I realised he still hadn't taken down the few photos he had of himself and Tsukishima. He told me he was going to take those down....

I stood up and walked towards them. There where lots of photos on the wall. Photos of me and Yamaguchi, and Hinata too, quite a few of Suga too, and there was of course the tsukishima ones. It hurts me to know Yamaguchi is hurting inside, and it's even worse since I know he is keeping all the pain inside...and that hurts me since I am his best friend. Yeah Yamaguchi comes off as strong, but I know he probably falls asleep while crying. He acts like nothing is wrong, but he's just good at lying...

"Kags, what you doing?" Yamaguchi asked, behind me. 

I looked back and watched him walk into the room in a big t-shirt and shorts. 

"I was looking a the pictures." I said, looking back at them. "How come you haven't taken down the ones with Tsukishima?" 

"W-Well, I tried too but....I just...it's difficult." Yamaguchi mumbled, his voice shaking. 

I turned around to look at him, and the sight broke me slightly. Yamaguchi had tears forming in his eyes, so I brought him into a hug. 

"Sorry, I didn't mean to make you cry." I said, resting my head on his. 

"It wasn't you. It was me. I'm weak and so I cry." He said, crying into my chest. 

"Weak? You're not weak Yams, you're everything but weak." I said, patting his back. 

"That's not true Kags! I am weak! I've had a crush on Tsukki for ages, but I never found the courage to tell him! And now...he has a girlfriend. I was weak, and pathetic, too scared to confess." He said, as we pulled apart. 

"Don't call yourself that! Tsukishima is the pathetic one here! He doesn't deserve you Yams. You're sweet, kind and a great friend while he is a salty asshole that doesn't care about you! You deserve someone who loves you just as much as you love them." I said, cupping his face with my hands. 

"I-I know but I like him..." He mumbled, crying more and more. 

"Don't worry Yams, we will get through this. We will use Oikawa's list and soon, you won't need that salty asshole anymore." I said, wiping his tears away with my thumbs. 

"Ok, thanks Kags. You should go shower now." He said, smiling as I put my hands down. 

I nodded, grabbed my clothes, and walked into the bathroom. 

----------
Yamaguchi's Pov: 

I watched as Kageyama left the room before I drowned in my thoughts. Maybe what he said is correct. Tsukishima isn't good for me. I deserve someone who loves me, who deserves me. I've been too kind with Tsukishima. I did everything for him, I followed him around like a puppy. I gave him true friendship, but he wasted it. I deserve people who care about me. 

I breathed in deeply before turning to the photo covered wall and taking all the pictures of him and me off of it. I ripped them to pieces before throwing them in the bin. New start Yams, leave him behind. 

I sighed and then turned to the mirror so I could brush my hair. I felt uncomfortable while looking at myself. No wonder no one likes me, I mean, look at me. Stupid green-ish hair, ugly freckles, boring eyes. I only stopped looking at myself when the door opened. 

"What you doing Yams?" Kageyama asked, drying his hair with a towel. 

"Just staring at myself, wondering how ugly a person can get." I mumbled, not realising he had heard it. 

"We're all born so beautiful. The greatest tragedy is being convinced that we are not." Kageyama said, standing behind me.

"I wasn't born beautiful." I said, letting out a laugh. 

"Yes, you where. You're beautiful Yams." Kageyama said, fixing my wet hair. 

"If that's true, name one thing pretty about me." I said, looking at him through the mirror. 

"Your freckles. They look like constellations." He said, still playing with my hair. 

"They are all broken tho..." I mumbled, as our eyes met in the mirror. 

"I'll heal them."