t e n || t h e f i n a l l i f e

Sapnap woke up in Karl's arms with a pounding headache. He cuddled into Karl's chest, suddenly hyper aware of how early it was. The sun was just about peeking over the horizon. He had a long day ahead of him.

Sapnap laid in the silence until he felt Karl stir underneath him.

"Good morning, sappitus."

"Morning jacobs." Sapnap said with a smile. "Could you sing to me before I walk you to your library?" Sapnap asked softly, gripping the fabric of Karl's sweater in his hand softly.

"Of course."

And so that's what they did for a good half hour. Karl sang to Sapnap while Sapnap hummed along to his soft, angelic voice.

Karl and Sapnap walked to the older's library with their hands interlocked. Their hands swung gently creating a slight breeze within the cold January air.

"Please be safe, Karl." Sapnap said as they came to a halt.

"I always am, Sap." Karl said, leaning in and placing a soft kiss on the other's cheek. He pressed a few more all over his face simply so he could hear Sapnap's small giggle. Sapnap ran towards Quackity's home whilst waving towards Karl.

Quackity was not in his home so he walked around aimlessly until he heard his name being called by Tommy.

"Sap! Meet me at the community house in five!" He yelled.

"What's left of it." He muttered after agreeing. He walked towards the community house seeing Tommy run towards it.

"I have a peace offering. This whole ordeal started out with me and you, Sapnap. It should end with me and you." He said, handing the man a bucket with his fish in it.

"Is it actually Mars?"

'Yeah! It, uh, took me a while to find it but yeah!" Tommy exclaimed. Sapnap's heart swelled by the interaction, even Dream didn't do this for him.

"I was actually wondering if you'd side with me? Like fight with L'Manburg?"

"Yeah, yeah i will."

"Really? Wow- well that was- that was quite easy. Are you sure?"

"Yeah, Tommy, i'll side with you. Now let's go before i change my mind." He laughed. He followed the blonde to where Tubbo was.

Chaos was arising everywhere. Withers were spawned. Dogs were just spread across the inside of L'Manburg. Sapnap started murdering all of the dogs he saw, giving more reason as to why pets should stay away from him as he kills them all. This war just added to his reputation.

When everything was over he followed Dream towards the remains of the Community house.

"What do you want Sapnap." Dream yelled as he came to a halt. The dark sky made the usual neon of his hoodie stay discolored.

He was dirty. Gunpowder and dirt caking him. His mask was broken and chipped and cracked. His hair was disheveled.

"What was the point of this?! L'Manburg meant nothing to you! You weren't even a citizen!"

"Neither were you but you were fighting alongside a child."

"How was I to team with you when you were in the wrong?!"

"Sapnap! Can't you see?! I don't give a flying fuck about L'Manburg, it's a stupid country! It's gone now! I want the power. The power of them knowing what i am capable of. The power of knowing how useless they are!" Dream sneered.

"Who the hell are you anymore?" Sapnap asked, voice barely above a whisper.

"I'm still the same old me, Sapnap! I'm just not hiding it anymore! I know what i want and i get what i want! Besides, this is my land. I created it i can destroy it as i please."

"What about me?! What about George?! Are we just chopped fucking liver now?! We created this too you know! Why don't you ever actually think to include us in any of the major fucking decisions you tend to make!" Sapnap screamed, throat becoming raw.

"I created you, Sapnap. I created George too. Without me you'd be nothing. Do you even remember what you looked like, Sap? You could barey speak words. You barely ate a single thing. You were so scared to trust people. It was pathetic. You were so dependent on someone else. I was who you were dependent on. You are nothing without me." Dream spat, venom oozing from every word he spoke.

Sapnap felt defeated. He dropped his compass and stepped on it, whatever promises made on it broken and shattered on the cold grass.

"That is where you are so fucking wrong. I may have been nothing before you and hell i might have been pathetic for an eight year old, but i don't need you Dream. I am not nothing without you. You can take credit for the stupid lands you created alongside me and George. But that's all you've have in the end, Dream. The credit. You won't have us standing beside you, backing you up whenever you need it. You won't have anybody. You know what that's like Dream? To feel so utterly alone and knowing you caused it. Yeah, you might want to get used to it. Me and George are done with your controlling manipulaive bullshit. I have George and Quackity and Karl. You have yourself. I hope you're pleased Dream, i really hope you're fucking pleased." Sapnap argued before walking off.

He walked to Karl's library and leaned against the mushroom beside it. No matter how badly he'd wanted to enter the library, he never did. He knew how upset Karl would become due to how hesitant he was. It was a mere risk Sapnap even knew the location of it, let alone going inside.

After a few moments of silence, Karl emerged from his library with tired eyes and shaky hands.

"You cold?"

"Sap what happened?!" Karl said immediately, his cold shaky hands reaching for his face. Sapnap winced in pain when Karl touched whatever he touched on his face.

"Come on, lets go take you to Quackity." Karl said, grabbing his hand softly.

"You're freezing, Karl." Sapnap stated the obvious. Karl nodded and pressed his body to Sapnap's. Sapnap picked the boy up bridal style and cradled him to his chest while walking to Quackity's home.

They walked inside and Karl scrambled to Quackity, having not seen him for more than a few seconds in passing, to hug hum. Quackity was caught off guard but didn't hesitate before hugging back with a small, contentful laugh.

"Can you help with Sap? He has some cuts and bruises." Karl asked once he pulled away.

"Come sit." Quackity said as he got out his first aid kit. Sapnap sat on the counter as Quackity attended to his cuts and bruises. The three hung out the rest of the night, all cuddling up and falling asleep on the floor that night.