Lost in the End (Mumbo x Reader)

You landed on the dusty ground next to a chorus plant, huffing. Mumbo landed next to you awkwardly, his elytra wings slightly torn. "I think...we might be lost," he said, glancing around.

Lost was an understatement. You were in the middle of nowhere, in the End of all places, with low-durability elytras and the one Hermit who couldn't fight but managed to piss off every single enderman. Mumbo Jumbo.

"Yeah, I think we're lost all right." You muttered. "Hopelessly lost."

"I'm sure it's not hopeless yet...I mean we're only a couple thousand blocks out, it could be worse."

"If by a couple thousand you mean tens of thousands, maybe."

"Right...well on the bright side, we got our shulker shells." Mumbo pointed out.

You groaned. "Now we just have to get them back without dying. And I don't even know which way we came from anymore."

"We don't have to go back exactly the same way, we just have to find another gateway," Mumbo said, beginning to walk across the new island while glancing around.

"I haven't seen any, though..."

A screech interrupted you, and you whipped around to see an enderman coming at you.

"Oops..." Mumbo muttered.

"Ugh!" you huffed, getting out your sword. "Run, run!"

Mumbo did as you said, turning around and sprinting off. You did the same, turning back every now and then to slash at the enderman behind you.

Suddenly, you stumbled over an unexpected hole. The enderman punched you, knocking you down fully and throwing the sword out of your hand. You gasped, staring up at it in fear.

"(Y/N)!" you heard Mumbo call your name, but you didn't look over, too focused on the enderman towering over you. You punched it in an attempt to knock it away, but it hardly budged and punched you back, much harder. It raised its hand again, but before it could hit you, a sword slammed into it. Added onto the damage you'd dealt earlier, it was enough to kill it. You stared at it as it collapsed and disappeared, then slowly turned to face Mumbo.

"What?" he said as he handed you your sword.

"It's just...you just fought something," you joked.

"Well, I wasn't going to just leave you. And it was focused on you, anyway." Mumbo chuckled. "Now come on, we've got a portal to find."

The two of you trekked across the End for what felt like another few hours. This time you were chatting and joking as you walked, though, and you realized that Mumbo had majorly boosted your mood. You suddenly stopped as purple beams caught your eye, coming from a small bedrock structure floating in the sky.

"Hey look!" you said, pointing to the gateway portal.

Mumbo grinned and pulled out a stack of ender pearls. "Let's go!"

You smiled and grabbed your own ender pearls, throwing one into the portal. You apparently hadn't thrown it perfectly, though, because you crashed into the wall of the stronghold. Mumbo's throw wasn't much better, and he ended up crashing into you. Or almost. His hands landed on the wall on either side of you, keeping him from crashing into you. It took you a moment to register how close your faces were, and you both blushed.

Mumbo stood there for a few seconds before stepping back. "S-sorry!" he stammered.

"It's okay..." you murmured, slightly disappointed that he moved away, although you weren't completely sure why.

"Um...I guess we should probably head back to our bases now?" Mumbo said.

You nodded, but didn't leave. Some strange impulse took hold of you, and you rose onto your tiptoes and quickly pecked his cheek. You smiled at his bewildered, crimson face and started to walk away. "Yeah. Cya later, Mumbo."

620 words

A little different than the previous oneshot, what did you think? :D

Thanks for reading!