Chapter 5: Happy Hatchday!

I just look out in shock 'One of three survivors?! That means...everyone else is dead..' I felt several rushes of emotion, and if I could cry I would already be doing that. 'Why do I feel as if a part of me is gone..? Why does it hurt so much?!'

[It may be because of the mental connection your mother established before her unfortunate demise. Due to her being the Queen of the hive, you unintentionally had a mental link with the rest of the hive.]

After finally getting my emotions in check, I thought over the very one sided conversation my mother gave me. 'So my name is Artemis? And I have to go south? And I apparently have to look for the other two survivors of the killing?'

[Indeed Artemis! Once you head south, you should be able to find the others. They should be able to help you rebuild the hive to it's former glory!]

'Sy? I'm..I'm worried. What if I can't do the things you and Monarch told me to...what if I let everyone down. I..I'm scared..'

[Hey...it'll be okay! I'll be here with you every step of the way!]

I felt like smiling and giving them a hug (which I obviously can't), I appreciate their effort to cheer me up. I suddenly am found with a new found determination, raising my limbs, I thrashed hard at the soft layer of confinement. I hit at it several times before finally breaking through.

For the first time in what seems like forever, I see light, desperate to free myself from the darkness I start thrashing around. Eventually I finally break free, landing with a "oof!" I slowly blink my eyes, adjusting to the almost blinding light, a drastic change from the darkness of my egg. Looking around, I notice the light came in small streams through what blocks me from the outside.

Pushing on the objects proved futile as my baby strength was like a ant pushing a plank of wood. I sighed in defeat, looking down I take in what little I know of my new appearance. (Image at the top, but change the eyes to a more mossy green) I looked down at the tiny black hooves, I then turn my head a little and see a more white caterpillar like body. I then feel a yawn coming in and curl up around the remains of my egg for warmth, before I knew it I drifted off to sleep...

•~°~•~°~•~°~•~°~•~°~•~°~•~°~•~°~•~°~•
Hello! I decided to finally have Serena/Artemis hatch! I know it's short, but eh. Things will be a bit slow before the story starts picking up, right now she has to start learning things. Next chapter she will finally look at her titles and I may add something Sy will tell her, maybe or maybe not.

Anyways I hope you liked the chapter
-The Author