hanging

chapter two; hanging

NESRYN SAT on the floor of her room, scribbling into her journal. She took a sip of water and continued to write.

Journal, today I had an odd experience.
Yesterday I wondered what I might try to end myself, and I got my answer very fast.
I tried hanging myself. I wanted to do it on the ceiling of this corridor I was in, but I figured that I would traumatize a few of the kids. That is not a way I would like to be remembered as.

As I said, I tried hanging myself in my room. But as fate would have it, an acquaintance of mine of a lower year, walked in on me. She was frightened. Her name is Cho Chang.

She ran to my aid, helping me down, and getting me a glass of water. She didn't understand why I didn't express my gratitude, thought I suppose I freaked her out enough that she didn't stick around long enough to ask why. That's okay, I never really enjoyed her presence, though she is a real beautiful person. Maybe students would like to see her body rather than mine on a ceiling?

Now because of the problem that she caused, I have to go to Luna and ask her for a spell for curing bruises. I always feel horrible for bothering her. I hope that when I die, there will be someone as kind hearted as she is.
By the way, I heard stabbing is useful?

Nesryn shut the journal closed, sliding it under the bed instead of the chair's cushion. Ever since she decided to start her business, she's started to make many different types of products.

Starting with one that she had already mastered. They're jellybeans, but with a twist. They're body modifying jellybeans. Specific colors will get you specific body modifications.

So far she's only got a few twenty pinks done, those create a 24 hour lasting unicorn horn. Then there's the reds, that allows your head to grow small but noticeable horns. The list of colors go on and on, but that's not all she'll be doing.

Nesryn has been dying to try out Twizzlers for something different. Something like, you bite it and you speak in tongue twisters. She thought of that when she was twelve.

A soft short knock sounded from the other side of the door. Nesryn looked up at the noise and shouted, "come in!"

Luna Lovegood walked in. She sat besides her on the floor and opened her magazine. "So? When do you feel like getting rid of the bruises?" She asked quietly.

Nesryn stared at her sheepishly, "now?"

Luna scooted to her and whispered the spell.

PLSSS,, THE SILENCE IS TOO 🪐🧚🏼‍♀️LOUD🧚🏼‍♀️🪐

Nesryn avoided eye contact with her. She never really made friends with anyone in her house, but Luna was the closest she had to a friend. That was until her fourth year when she started to push Luna away, never giving her a reason why. Soon after that, her suicidal tendencies started.

Every time something went wrong, Luna was ready to patch her up. Or Hagrid was.
It was almost always Hagrid, but since he was absent, she'd have to go to Luna. Not that she minded, in Nesryn's mentality, Luna's a goddess.

It's just the small fact that Nesryn despises asking for help, repeatedly. But Luna does it without questioning. She just has the aura that screams, 'I understand', and it's just the most wonderful thing.

Luna stood after she was done. She stopped shortly at the door, her hand hovering over the door handle. It seemed like she wanted to say something to her, but no words came out of her mouth.

A moment passed of Nesryn watching warily watching her back. And then Luna grasped the door handle and turned it, walking out and into her shared dorm.

Nesryn blew a puff of air, "well that was anticlimactic." She grabbed a bag and stuffed papers and syringes that held potions. Then she hurriedly made her way to her Potions Professor.

One could say that Nesryn and Professor Snape's relationship was noteworthy. She spent plenty of time in detention with him two years ago, and now Nesryn's attached to him.

Although he'd never admit, he's grown to like the company she gives him. A lonely student paired with the lonely teacher.

She knocked on the door twice before walking in. "Professor?"

"What is it, Miss Watson?" Nesryn took this as a sign to dump all of her work on to his desk.

"I need you to revise this potion I made."

His bored gaze landed on hers, "and I need you to stop visiting me."

"Would you prefer it if I asked you to revise all of this during class time?"

Instead of answering, he grabbed a few scribbled on paperwork, reading it with an unreadable expression.

"What are you planning to do, Miss Watson?" Snape asked.

She shrugged, "I'm not so sure you're in a position to ask that, Professor."

"And why is that?"

"Because you wouldn't understand." Nesryn only shrugged again. She needed him to hurry so that she could scurry off to the library and get more information. If he wasn't going to be useful, then she'd find someone else.

She was sure that someone else would be more than willing to help her. Probably.

"Professor." She said in an impatient tone. "I'm in a time crunch."

He sighed, looking down at his own paperwork and waving her away. "It's correct."

She grinned, gathering her things. "Thank you, Professor Snape." He nodded and dismissed her.

Nesryn made her way to Professor Flitwick, one of her biggest supporters.

"Ah, Miss Watson. What brings you here this time?" He asked, swinging his short legs over his desk, attempting to look casual.

Nesryn took out a sample of her product, "professor, I present to you the very first bits of my products. You're going to be the first one to officially try the, and hopefully you'll think about promoting it as well?"

"You'll be going against those boys, the Weasley twins. You know, Fred and-"

"George." Nesryn grit out, annoyance clouding her thoughts. Those two just couldn't get out of her daily life.

They were mentioned to her at least once or twice a day and it was a nuisance.

"Yes. Those are good boys." Flitwick said with a small smile, "you best get along with the two of them."

Nesryn grabbed a chair, pulling it up across his desk. "Professor, if I'm being quite honest, I don't really like them. They're a real bother, and never stop nagging. You see, I was attempting one of my experiments-"

He shifted uncomfortably, clearly not okay with what Nesryn has been trying to do since her fourth year.

"-And the two sort of stormed their way up to the tower and ruined everything!"

After a few hours of mindlessly complaining to Professor Flitwick, she stood, giving a few more of her products to him. "Give these to the staff for free, one or two each, if they want more tell them that they're two sickles each." Nesryn put up the number two, shoving it into his face.

"It will be greatly appreciated." And then she said her goodbyes