the hero

chapter three; the Hero

GEORGE WEASLEY frowned as his offer got turned down again.

He looked at his twin, hoping that he'd offer some type of explanation, but Fred only shrugged his shoulders.

"Oh, come on. Don't be like that! I'm tellin' ya, ten percent off!" George tried again. "And don't be shy about it, tell your friends! Your mum, even your mum's friends!"

The fifth years looked at them, "we already bought a few things from a girl."

The twins scrunched up their noses in unison, "what? Who?"

The fifth years pointed over to Nesryn, who was chatting with a few from her own year.

"Oh really now?" George muttered, crossing his arms.

"I'm thinking we've got competition, eh George."

They creeped up on them, lingering behind.

"-Yeah! And they're totally reliable, and will definitely get you out of class and wear off in about three hours." Nesryn promoted, "and for it being a new product, you can get 10 percent off!"

Fred scoffed, "that's rubbish!"
"Utter rubbish!" George agreed.

Nesryn whirled around, crossing her arms in the process. "Excuse me?"

The twins stepped forward.
"George and Fred, at your service." They gave a bow, "now, how about you, me, Fred talk some real package deals? And I'm not just talking about-"

"What are you doing?" Nesryn stepped in between them. "You're stealing my costumers!"

"No, you're stealing ours." Fred fired back.

"As if!"

George patted her head, "come on, we've been running this game long enough to know what we're doing. Run along now, the grown ups are making sales."

"Making sales...?" She muttered, throwing her hands down and walking down the corridor.

Nesryn knocked on the professor's door, hearing a sigh and then a reluctant 'come in'.

"Professor, how does one make sales?" She plopped down on a chair across from Snape.

He rolled his eyes and kept looking down at his paper. "Is there a reason you're here, Miss Watson?"

"Yes. I don't actually know how to make sales."
Nesryn paused, "I'm quite confused. I have been able to sell a few of my products... But I'm not sure how to manage it."

"Miss Watson, I will not be the one who has to sit and listen to your worries."

"Then stand, I don't care." She shrugged. "But as I was saying, the process is actually confusing. Am I setting my prices too high? I don't think so."

"Miss Watson-"

"And actually, I haven't had a single idea of how to end me."

Snape looked at her, "so after three and a half years, you've managed to run out of ways to end your life?"

"Not necessarily. I haven't tried drowning myself."

dear journal ,
do not, under any circumstances try to drown yourself in the lake. no matter how appealing it sounds. it is not appealing.
my survival instincts started to act up, and tried to save me.