Severity (Edited)

Today is an exciting night, for it is the birthday of the famous opera singer Selene Contiello, who is celebrating with her loving family, Roberto Contiello, Leviathan, and (Y/n) Contiello, along with their other patrons and guests. It was such a beautiful night, for you see it will be (Y/n)'s the first time singing on stage and in front of people.

While she prepared for her surprise performance, with the help of Roberto, Selene, who had her brown hair in a braided bun and wore a unique moon theme dress, observed the other guests mingle and dance. Suddenly, she was greeted by an unfamiliar face with a spotted black n' white fluffy scarf if you take a closer examination. You'll see the design is weird and creepy since it looks as though multiple faces are screaming for help and are in pain.

"Selene Contiello! Allow me to be the first to wish you Happy Birthday." said the stranger in an unusually cheery tone as though they've known each other for a long time.

"Oh! How kind of you."

"I'm sorry, I don't believe I have a pleasure...?"

"No one of note-just a fan with a special gift," the stranger said as she gave her a beautiful wooden box to Selene's delicate hands.

" you should open this one soon."

"Well, though patience is a virtue, I suppose, I would not be at fault for a small bit of curiosity. Wouldn't want to be rude..." Selene said bit unsure as she didn't want to appear rude to the stranger while she opened the gift. She didn't notice the evil smirk the stranger was giving her.

When Selene opened her gift, she saw something she knew would bring trouble in her family but still couldn't believe that she was holding it, " this... this can't be the..." Selene said in a trembling voice as she saw the familiar blue flaming with a shadow five-horned skull, also known as the Skull Heart.

After Selene snapped out of her daydream as she finally found her voice, and in a demanding tone but still quivering, she said, "What is the meaning of this--... where did she go?", only to see no one in the place of the stranger.

In a panic, she said, " I must hide this dark omen away. I must not let anyone know..."

Selene was snapped out of her half-conscious state by the sound of the clicking of glass. She turned to look at the source of the sound coming from Roberto, who was on the stage as he wore a crimson red tuxedo suit with a goldish yellow necktie with Leviathan wrap around his neck as usual.

"Excuse me, everyone! A toast", Roberto said as he had a big smile on his face in delight for his daughter's performance.

'Damn it all, Roberto. Not now... ' Selene thought as the spotlight turned towards her as she said, "...A toast! How lovely."

"Welcome! I like to thank you all for coming to my dear Selene's birthday tonight."

"Yes, she has melted all of our hearts with her incredible voice, but even her incomparable stage presence pales in comparison to what she means to her family. As a wife and as a mother."

Though we are - all of us - blessed, we are nothing without our families.

The family will always be there for you. They will share laughter and tears."

"Soft comfort and gospel truth. But through it all, they will always believe in you. Always."

"I never understood that. Till I meet you, Selene," which caused the crowd of guests to coo at the couple with some of Selene's worries washed away as she stared at her husband with a genuine smile and replied with, " Oh, Roberto, there's no need to..." only to be cut off by Roberto himself.

"Selene - as the Renoirs continued to stamp out the songs, stories, and traditions of the Meridian Kingdom, you gave me the will to keep the Contiello legacy alive.

I love you, my dear Happy Birthday."

"And I love you too, my love.

Now I think its best we--"

"And of course, without an audience to lend their ears, our family would not be here today! So!, to honor Selene and all the friends and patrons who supported us, we have a special surprise.

Allow me to present the first public performance of our daughter, (Y/n) Contiello!"

"Happy Birthday, Mother! This once my gift for you...*ahem*," (Y/n) said, who wore a beautiful yellow long sleeve dress with white neck and wrist collar along with a blue rose on the neck collar and black tights and flats as her footwear, with a soft voice which had a bit of a nervous tone in it along with a sweet smile on her face.

'Stay on a high pitch, stay on the high pitch... Here goes nothing," she thought as she was about to start something, or should I say someone interrupted her are Black Dahlia and the Medicis, who was known to make a truce and a friend to the Contiello family.

"Happy Birthday, Selene. Time to blow out your candles", after Dahlia said that, she and the Medici started shooting everyone all (Y/n) could see blur along with the hearing of the screams of the party guest. She once again closed her eyes only to open and see Dahlia got ahold of her by gripping one of her pigtails and a gun pointing at her left temple as she cried and stared at her crying mother.

"Don't forget to make a wish," said Dahlia pulling the trigger as she killed (Y/n).

"Please... give me back my family. Roberto... Squigly... Save them all!" That was the last thing she heard as she felt the scales of her family's guardian wrap around her like a hug before darkness covered her vision as she took her last breath.