p r o l o g u e

2023

        callista barnes ran towards thanos' army along with her fellow friends, wanting to defeat the purple asshole once and for all. 

        she quickly crushed all the monsters around her, using her powers that hydra had given her. she looked towards wanda, who was destroying the monsters one by one, and faintly smiled. 

        her and wanda had been together since the fight between tony and steve, and broke up right before thanos came to earth. the two had been friends in the hydra facility along with pietro years before they discovered feelings for each other. 

        callista barnes loved her. 

        she loved the way wanda would cheer her up, the way that the two would spend hours in the avengers compound cuddling while watching old sitcoms. she loved everything about wanda, and nothing could change that. 

        callista looked around for her dad, bucky. she had found out bucky was her father while steve was on the run with him. their dna matched up, and callista wasn't so surprised. she already had his strength, and powers that hydra had given her. it basically made her invincible. 

        or so she thought. callista wasn't looking, and a creature from thanos' army slashed her stomach, making her fall back and hit her head on the ground. 

         callista was put into a coma. wanda heard the thud, and saw the girl on the ground. she screamed, as she made her way over to callista as fast as she could. she picked the girl up, putting her body behind a missile that had crashed. 

        wanda thought she was dead. she quickly pressed her ear to the girl's chest, looking for a heartbeat. wanda sighed in relief when she heard it. "i'll be back," she whispered, pressing a kiss to the girl's forehead, and running back into the battle. 

        "hey buck," steve said nervously over the headset communications. 

        "yeah?" bucky asked, as he continued to shoot as many monsters as he could with his guns. 

        "i think callista's down. i saw wanda put her body down somewhere," steve said quietly. bucky's eyes widened. he couldn't possibly lose his only family member left. bucky would be devastated. 

        "where is she?" bucky trembled. 

        "on your right, near one of the missles," sam replied for bucky. "i'm sorry." sam added thinking the girl was dead. 

***

        callista barnes was taken to s.w.o.r.d headquarters, where s.w.o.r.d was supposed to run some tests on her and try to get her back to her normal stage. this was not why bucky had brought her to s.w.o.r.d. he just wanted her to get better as soon as possible, and the tests they were running on castella was taking up the time. 

        wanda walked up to the s.w.o.r.d security guard, who was sitting at his desk along with a few other people. "i know you have her," wanda stated, leaning over the counter. 

        "i'm sorry, but like i said-" the man started, but wanda cut him off. 

        "please," wanda mumbled. she fiddled with her hands, before looking back up at him. "please. when i came back, one of the first things i see is her dying. and i know james barnes took her here for her to recover, so i know she's here. she deserves someone to visit her, at least."  wanda stopped for a minute, a stone cold look on her face. "i deserve it."