I Can't Let Her Go

Seulgi's POV

"Hey Seulgi, it's been three years already. I know that your heart is really good now but for heaven's sake, you need to take a break. You just keep yourself busy and busy and busy at work. For what? You need the time to stop, grie----" Sunmi-unnie said.

"I'm okay unnie", I cut her off as I don't want to hear what she's about to say.

"You're not Seulgi! Look at you. You're running away from the fact that Irene is GONE.", she yelled.

It felt like being stabbed hundred times with what she said.

"You need to help yourself Seulgi. You need to grieve now and accept that she's not here anymore."

"I can't unnie. I can't let her go. I love her so much.", then she hugged me.

"I know it's hard but it's about time"

"Please leave me alone unnie" , I distanced myself from her.

"But Seu---"

"Please unnie", I pleaded.

Flashback (3 years ago)

"Hey babe, don't forget about our dinner date tonight. I have a surprise for you", Irene said on the phone.

"And what is the surprise all about Ms. Bae", I replied.

"It's not going to be a surprise anymore, if I'll spill the tea right? So just see you there Seul. I can't wait to see you. I love you so much."

"I love you too so much Irene."

(In the restaurant)

I was waiting and waiting and waiting......

"Seulgi?", Irene's mom said while crying. I really have a bad feeling about this.

"Eomma? Are you okay?"

"Seulgi... Irene"

"What about Irene, eomma?"

"She's......... she's gone", Did I just heard it right?

"Wait, what?"

"She got into an accident. Her car fell off the cliff and the body wasn't found because the car was burned out. The police said ----"

"STOP eomma, I don't want to hear it anymore.", I was so schocked that I can't even cry.

Later that day I found out that she's going to propose to me when the accident happened. Sunmi-unnie and her mom planned it out with Irene for a long time they said.

"Lisa, do you want to go out again? Same bar and same time? Alright, see you there?". Irene and I have been good friends with Lisa since you know, when we met her in Jisoo's grave. Ever since Irene left me, she became my drinking partner. Both of us, lose a very important person in our life, so we kind of understand each other.

"Seulgi, we bet---ter stop dri---nking now. We're bo--th", she said.

"You---'re s--o we--ak Lisa. Aisst if you want to stop, you can go home."

"Seulgi, co--me o--n! And besides you still have Jisoo's heart. I don't want you to abuse it."

"You're no fun Lisa! You know what Sunmi-unnie told me. She told me that I have to let her go now", we are now looking at each other.

"She was right Seulgi. Maybe it's about time", I chuckled at her. " Should I say the same thing to you huh Lisa?", she then looked so sad.

"You know maybe, we can just have each other you know after all I have Jisoo's heart." , I don't know what happened, maybe it's the alcohol but we kissed each other.

After, we kissed we acted like throwing up.

"Dude, that was awful.", Lisa said.

"That's terrible. We're not gonna do it again EVER."

"I agree." then we both laughed together.

You know maybe if I haven't promised to Lisa that I would take care of Jisoo's heart, probably I was already dead long time. I owed Jisoo my life, so I don't have the right and the heart to just throw it. Having Jisoo's heart, I think is the only thing that keeps Lisa alive as well. What a poor life, we have. Sometimes, I wondered if both us will still have a chance to be happy again.

After our bar incident, Lisa went to my office.

"Seulgi, I saw a letter from Jisoo. She wrote it before she died. See?" Then she handed me a piece of paper. I've got goosebumps honestly.

"What the heck Lisa! After so many years, you just found it yesterday. Oh my God, you're terrible."

"Yeah, but you know that I don't have the courage to touch her things before. I know you can relate." She was right. Honestly, until now I haven't touch Irene's things in her apartment. But of course, I always make sure that somebody was cleaning it.

"Alright... so what did she say in the letter?"

"She wants me to search for Jennie Kim."

"And who the hell is Jennie Kim?"

"She's her ex-girlfriend."

"Her ex-girlfriend? And what does she wants you to do with her?"

"She wants me to give this letter to her."

"Oh there is another letter. But have you seen her before?"

"Nope. But she have her address and photo here." then she handed me the photo.

"Wow, she's pretty." I teased Lisa. "Jisoo have such great taste, I wondered how did she end up with you.?"

"Yah! I'm prettier than her!", she yelled. Well to be honest, Lisa was very beautiful too. As equal beauty, with this Jennie Kim.

"In your freaking dream Manoban. Look closely, she's a goddess but of course, she won't beat my Irene.", I continued teasing her.

"Alright...alright..enough of the teasing Kang. I'm gonna cut the chase off. I want you to help me find her."

"Me?" I look at her pointing at myself.

"Yes, you."

"No! I've got tons of things to do!"

"It's payback time now Kang! Just want to remind you that this is Jisoo's last wish. You know that's the least you can do for the person who gave her heart to extend that life of yours."

"Geezz, I won't win on that. Araso, so what's the plan?"

******* To be continued

This is one of the very first story that I wrote so there's a lot of grammatical errors and spellings. Sorry for that and will fix it later.