Chapter 9: Leveling the Playing Field

The battle was still going as Jessica won against Iida since she is stronger and faster than him. Kendo also got into the second round fighting Momo as Momo felt down but got comforted by Mikan and Y/n hugged her to calm her down which she did. Everyone was given an hour break since the arena was being fixed by Cementoss. They are all in the cafeteria filling their mouths with food while Y/n just eat his food calmly.

Mina: "You guys sure are hungry."

Kirishima: "Of course! We still have the second round."

Uraraka: "You guys did great."

Y/n: "All of you did great even though you lost. You can learn from this so that you can win in the future."

Iida: "Y/n is right. We learn from our mistakes."

Momo: "So who are you gonna fight against?"

Mikan: "I'm against Kendo."

Midoriya: "I'm against Jessica, I'm a little nervous."

Tsuyu: "Seeing her fight, she's really strong."

Kirishima: "What about you Y/n?"

Y/n only stare at someone who's sitting across from him. They turned towards where Y/n was looking at and saw Todoroki glaring at him.

Kaminari: "You're fighting Todoroki?"

Y/n: "Yeah."

Jiro: "Well this is a fight to watch."

Then they noticed a girl that looks like Todoroki with her hair in a ponytail.

Mina: "Is that his twin?!"

Kaminari: "Dang! She's hot."

Midoriya: "They must have the same quirk."

Shouka then noticed Y/n who was just in front of her as she gave him a wave and said good job.

Mikan: *irritated* "Well you guys look close."

Y/n: "We just met today."

Mikan: "If you say so."

Y/n: "Why the sudden change of mood?"

Mina: *smirks* "Are you jealous?"

Mikan: "W-Why would I be?"

Momo: "You stuttered so it's true."

Y/n: "Hey Mikan, I would like to talk to you about something."

Everyone then stared at Y/n as he turned towards his best friend.

Mikan: "What is it?"

Y/n: "It's about what you said to me when you visited me back at the compound. When you told me that you passed U.A and-"

Mikan then covered his mouth confusing them as they saw her blushing up a storm.

Mikan: *blushing* "Okay okay, enough your embarrassing me. I didn't know you heard the last part."

Y/n: "I have heightened senses remember? Even though you just whispered it, I could hear it but I just kept quite."

Mikan: "Let's talk about this after the festival, okay?"

Y/n: "Okay."

Momo: "What are you guys talking about?"

Mikan: "N-Nothing."

Y/n: "It's just our little secret."

Mina: "I see where this is going~"

Mikan: "L-Let's just eat and get back to the arena."