6 | selfish needs

Taehyun~

Taehyun~

I held Dabin's small face with my right hand, while the left came snaking down her back. My lips moved aggressively with hers, making sure to taste every inch. We advanced over to the couch, and I lightly dropped her onto in without losing contact. I hovered over her, deepening the kiss and moving my hands up her torso.

Romance is not what we're trying to achieve. We both just want company and security.

I'm not one to overly obsess with intimacy and things like that, but being alone for a while actually made me crave it. Being able to experiment with my first girlfriend became a real eye opener for me, learning myself and my needs better. I could also clearly tell that Dabin's experienced.

"Do you wanna go that far today?" I asked her before doing anything risky.

"Maybe next time," she sat back on the couch while trying to catch her breath. "You obviously really needed that."

"I did." I closed my eyes and sat back.

"What's your ex's name? If it's alright to ask." She comfortably laid her head on my shoulders.

"Park Suji." I then went on and explained to Dabin what really happened to us, from beginning to end. She's an incredibly great listener and gave realistic inputs. I can tell that I'm in a good position right now, trying to start over my life with her.

"Considering what happened the other night. So like, I don't want you to linger on with this thought... but knowing the fact," she faced me and sighed. "I think she still likes you."

"I actually thought about that too... but there's a huge difference between still having feelings, versus still wanting to be with that person. I think that's where she clearly drew the line."

___________________________

Suji~

"I know you only have a few semesters left, but an exceptional university asked if you can work over there as a student mentor for the Faculty of Foods and Nutrition. It would be an amazing opportunity for you, and they're also paying you while giving you all the necessities you need for free. Free rent! Who doesn't want that? Your hours interning there will automatically count for credits." My pastry teacher enthusiastically explained to me.

"Wow, I don't know what to say... everything about that sounds so good and I don't mind moving at all!" My eyes lit up. "Which university is it?"

"Seoul National University! The best of the bests." She patted my shoulder.

It really had to be Taehyun's university. Absolutely great.

Think of the positive... Yina and Junhyuk are there as well. It won't be too bad! He seems like he's over me anyways, so I can just avoid him.

But am I over him?

What the fuck. Why the hell am I thinking about that right now? I just got an amazing offer. This is my future.

"I'll take it." I said before I could regret anything else.

My teacher forwarded all the information to me in a pdf, so I looked through it carefully. There's definitely a lot of benefits, and I still have plenty of time to pack and sort my life out until then.

Since I'm busy this month and only have limited amount of time at home, I immediately began skimming through my belongings to waste absolutely no time.

There's lots of things I don't need anymore, so I took a big trash bag and started discarding the items that don't spark joy. Time flies really fast when doing something productive, I didn't even realize that the sun has gone down already.

I suddenly felt a book underneath my fingers, so I picked it up and just stared at it. Not this... I thought I got rid of it long ago. I should have.

The scrapbook Taehyun gifted me on our 100th day anniversary.

"Why are you still here?" I graced my hand over it. Tears soon started to drop on the pages as I flipped through it.

Over the four years we were together, Taehyun and I added many memories and pictures inside that book. Only ten pages remained empty, while one hundred ninety others are filled with photographs.

We experienced so much firsts together.

I felt my chest tighten as I bawled my heart out while hugging the book. It hurts so much... I did this to myself- to us. In return I experienced the worst karma.

For being selfish, I lost the man that I love so much.

___________________________

Q/A: How do you imagine Dabin and Suji to look like??? Or is there an idols that you imagine them as?

Song: Ben () — Because I am a Woman (여자이니까)