Ch.4 an old tales

Note: This chapter is pretty long compared to the other chapters.

I hope you aren't bored

■3rd Person POV■
Y/N and her grandmother are going back from the market when the rain starts falling. They decided to stop by Osamu's shop.

When the two walks inside the shop, they are greeted by Osamu's usual "welcome to Miya Onigiri"

Then Y/N realize that there's an old lady sitting on one of a chair near the counter. Y/N bows her head a little, greeting the old lady when Osamu comes and stands next to the old lady.

Osamu: Y/N, (Y/N GM) san... this is my grandmother...

Y/N's GM: oh my, hello, I'm (Y/N's GM), my late husband and I love your grandson's onigiri so much...

Osamu's GM: oh my hello, I'm Osamu's Grandma... thank you for stopping by my grandson's shop... and how about this pretty young lady?

Osamu's grandmother smiles at Y/N, startling the girl but then bows her head.

Y/N: hello Osamu's grandma, good morning... my name is L/N Y/N... nice to meet you...

Y/N's GM: she's my granddaughter... she just moved here a couple of months ago... I asked Osamu to be her friend...

Osamu goes back to the counter and made some Onigiri ordered by Y/N's grandma, but it's not for taking away.

The rain pours heavily and doesn't like it'll stop anytime soon. So Y/N's Grandma decided to stay for a while until it died down.

Y/N sits with the old ladies, listening as they talk. Happy to hears as they share about how things were when they were younger. Osamu too listens from behind the counter.

Just then Osamu's Grandmother turns to Y/N and smiles. She reaches a hand and strokes the girl's hair gently.

Osamu's GM: such a pretty girl... and pretty name...

Y/N: uh ah... thank you

Y/N looks flustered and looks down at her knees. Face slightly red from the compliment, somehow seeing her current state made Osamu's lips curled into a smile.

Osamu's GM: your name... it makes me remember of a tale that has been passed down into our family... wanna hear a tale as it's still raining?

Y/N: okay...

Osamu's GM: hundred years ago, there's a prestigious family in this region. There are 5 children in that family, and their last child is the only girl as the other are male.

Osamu's grandmother smiles at Y/N

Osamu's GM: that daughter's name was Y/N... just like you...

Y/N could feel that her body shivers a little.

Osamu's GM: the father, deep down loved her daughter so much, but at the time, women aren't seen as equal to men. So she was strictly controlled by her family. On her fifteenth birthday, the father said that she would be introduced to a man from another well-off family from another region.

Y/N, Osamu, and Y/N's grandmother listen to the story.

Osamu's GM: Y/N was sad, even though she doesn't have much of a choice, she actually wants to be what we called a doctor at the time, she wants to help people but she knew she couldn't. But at least, she hopes she could meet the man that she chooses.

Osamu's GM: so that night, she walks into the family's back yard, and walks further into the woods, crying her heart out. When she's sad Y/N likes to cry in the woods, but never did it at night.