the party

sayakas outfit:

mukuros outfit:

mukuros outfit:

                                                                              sayaka pov

                                                                              sayaka pov

        we had finally gotten to makotos house, we were a bit early so the only people here were makoto, mondo, ishimaru, and kyoko. "wow... it sure feels uhh empty? when will everyone else show up makoto?" no one was speaking so i had to bring up something

mondo and ishimaru were doing their little couples bicker, mondo attemped to spike the punch. i dont get how or why they started dating, a delinquent and a hall monitor but you know it works?

    "oh hey sayaka i didnt see you there! well  byakuya and celestia should be here any minute, leon wont be here til 5, sakura and aoi are headed here together, anno one else specified so yeah!" makoto was still nice to me, even after the weird "confession" in middle school.

   "ok so we got a bit of time! lets go check some things out muku!" they nodded their head and we started walking around.

   we ran into komaru, she is literally the sweetest, she always loved talking with me. she saw i was with someone, almost out of no where she had yelled "YOU GOT A GIRLFRIEND?! lucky..." both me and mukuro were stunned.

   "ah- not so loud komaru we are friends" i had whispered to her, she was the first person to know i was a lesbian, but thats just because she told me so i felt the need to tell her.

  "komaru correct? besides that, no me and saya are not dating, we are just friends." that 'just friends' hurt, did i really not have a chance?

    we heard the doorbell and shot downstairs, it was celestia and byakuya. neither greeted us, byakuya just went to makotos side per usual, but celestia had headed straight to kyoko? we have never seen them speak, like ever so we were all questioning what had happened with them.

     then kyoko had kissed celestia, neither caring everyone else was in the room. "oh kyoko,  we had never told them! whoops thats my bad.."

    "its alright,  me and celestia have been "dating" since we had met about a year ago, we apologize for never telling you all" she said it so calmly... it was nice to know our friends were happy, i wish that could be me and muku...

   all of us were shocked to hear but makoto and byakuya, afterall kyoko and them were a supposed " friend group" even if byakuya and kyoko denied being friends with eachother and just both hung out with makoto in the same places...at the same time. sakura and aoi had entered the house, they were both concerned as of why everyone was so surprised, makoto just said "kyoko and celes are dating" and that was enough to stun aoi, sakura acted unsuprised  but we all knew she was.

   it had reached 5pm, then we heard a knock "muku help me hide now... please?" 

"on it, can you climb?" i always liked how she never asked, just did stuff when i asked without needing an explanation.

   "yes, actually?" i didnt know why we need to climb but i trust them, almost to much.

    we walked to the balcony, then she started climbing the support poles, connecting to the roof. makoto had one perfectly flat bit on his roof, i was assuming we were headed there, i didnt get how she did this so easily in a skirt but i got up there eventually.

   it was a beautiful view, makoto had a woods behind his house and with the sunset it looked like something almost even painted. i started stumbling on the slope so mukuro had grabbed my hand and helped pull me down, but when i got down she didnt let go, she just rubbed the back of my palm with their fingers. i had started blushing unintentionally, it was nice though.

    muku had pulled blankets from her bag and set up a nice seating area, just for us two. now it was me, mukuro, and the sunset once again. we had a bit of small talk, then we got into deeper things like our friendship, both of us radiated energy of being uncomfortable as just friends but we went on with the conversation anyways, there was no way i would confess to end this odd feeling

  but then instead they did,"sayaka, i want to figure out how i can protect you... forever? i love these moments with you, its difficult to explain but something happens in my brain when im with you, it feels weird calling you a friend..."

  "i suppose i can agree with you, mukuro actually i can definitely agree, i probably should have said this long ago but mukuro i-" she had cut me off once again with her gripping my hands and leaning in.

   there was something soft on my lips, mukuros lips. i never wanted to leave this moment. it wasnt aggressive but more of a delicate kiss. it was short but nice. when it ended we just stared into eachothers eyes. their eyes never looked any more sweet. the awkwardness had left, we had confessed those butterflies we were feeling.

   in the end it always felt like me and mukuro versus the universe, our friendship made no sense in the first place, but we made it work. we just sat there until the party ended, stroking through each others hair, i was singing some songs to mukuro while we both spoke of this being our dreams coming true.

   i gave her one kiss as we parted ways, knowing the next day we would still be more than just friends, komaru was right, i did get a girlfriend after all.

(HOLY SHITTT im sorry this took so long but one more official chapter then this story will end! i just wanna say thanks for 200 reads and #2 in ikuzono?! yall mean the world to me thank you once again!)