4 ➵ Mr Harris Doesn't Like Your Attitude

My Harris was boring Tiana out of her mind. She'd been in lesson for only a few minutes, record timing, really. She'd been sat next to Danny, who'd been nicer to her than any of the kids at the school so far. 

Scott and his girlfriend Allison were nowhere to be seen, apparently. And word had gotten around that the school's Queen and King Bee, their power couple, Lydia Martin and Jackson Whittemore had been "brutally attacked" and "victimised" by a "wild mountain lion that should be put down immediately". Now, Tiana was sure that Lydia and Jackson were traumatised, given that Jackson seemed out of it from the moment he stepped into chemistry, and Lydia wasn't even in school, but people seemed to be blowing way out of proportion and the way they were describing it was way too over-dramatic in Tiana's opinion. 

"Just a friendly reminder -" Harris began, alerting Tiana to the knowledge that this reminder was anything but friendly, "- parent-teacher conferences are tonight. Students below a 'C' average are required to attend. I won't name you, because the shame and self-disgust should be punishment enough." Yeah, I'm sure. "Miss Delacroix, you'll be there too?" 

"I'm sorry?" Tiana asked. 

"The parent-teacher conferences, you're coming?" 

Tiana tilted her head with a glare. "All due respect, Mr Harris-" Which is none. "- I'm here temporarily until I can go home. I've not had nearly enough classes for teachers to get any clue of the kind of person I am, or how I behave or work. My only living parent is in Europe, the only other family member you could call is too lazy to come down here to have a five minute conversation about how you now think that I have an attitude. Now tell me, sir, do you think I'm coming to this conference for absolutely no reason?" 

There were several shocked faces across the class, but Tiana ignored them, a glare still fixed upon the chemistry teacher. "It's a requirement among students." 

Tiana rolled her eyes with a sigh. "Fine. Whatever. You want me to go, I'll go." She picked up her yellow highlighter, highlighting the parts that she thought she needed work on in red. "What an asshole," she muttered to herself, hearing Danny chuckle beside her. 

"Everyone, start reading Chapter Nine. Mr Stilinski, try putting the highlighter down between paragraphs. It's chemistry, not a colouring book." Tiana looked at where Stiles was sat on the table behind her. He spat the highlighter cap into the air, catching it and putting it onto the top of the highlighter. 

Stiles leaned forwards in his chair towards Danny. "Hey, Danny. Can I ask you a question?" 

"No," Danny replied. 

"Well, I'm going to anyway." Tiana looked away, fighting the grin that threatened to take over her face. "Um, did Lydia show up in your homeroom today?" 

"No." 

"Can I ask you another question?" 

"Answer's still no," Danny breathed out, clearly not in the mood. 

"Does anyone know what happened to her and Jackson last night?" Stiles inquired. 

"He wouldn't tell me," Danny answered. 

Stiles frowned. "But he's your best friend." Really? They're best friends? Danny shrugged. "One more question." 

"What?" Danny sighed. 

"Do you find me attractive?" Danny frowned, his face scrunched up in confusion. Stiles, unfortunately, had leaned too far forwards in his chair, and fell forwards off of it. 

Tiana turned in her seat to look at him. "You alright?" She laughed. 

Stiles nodded, mentally facepalming, and pushing himself up. "Yeah, it's fine. I'm fine. I fall all the time." Nice going, Stiles, he thought to himself. "I-I mean, obviously not all the time. I'm not that clumsy. Totally. Definitely. Definitely not, I mean."