19 ➵ We'll Talk About This Later

Tiana was let in by Mr Stilinski, and she thanked him before running upstairs to Stiles and Scott. "I think it's Matt," she announced.

"We were thinking the same thing. But Scott's pretty sure he saw him with Jackson in full-blown kanima mode," Stiles told her. He called his dad up the stairs, and the three teenagers tried to explain their thinking to him.

"So this kid's the real killer?" He asked.

"Yeah," Stiles replied.

"No," Mr Stilinski shook his head.

"Yes!"

"No."

Stiles stood up, flailing his arms about as he spoke, Tiana ducking to avoid being hit in the face by his elbow. "Dad, come on. Everybody knows that the police look for ways to connect victims in a murder, okay? So all he had to do is, like, look through their transcripts and figure out which class they all had in common."

"Yeah," Mr Stilinski nodded in agreement. "Except for the fact that the rave promoter Kara wasn't in Harris' class."

"Alright," Stiles shrugged. "Okay, you're right, sorry. Then I guess they dropped the charges against him?"

Mr Stilinski sighed. "No, you know what? They're not dropping the charges. But that doesn't prove anything." Stiles began to say something, but Mr Stilinski interrupted him, turning to Tiana and Scott. "Scott, do you believe this? Tiana?"

"It's really hard to explain how we know this, but you've just gotta trust us," Scott told him.

Tiana nodded. "Yeah, it's really complicated. But please, you have to trust us."

"Yeah, he took Harris' car, okay?" Stiles tried to convince his father. "Look, he knew that if a cop found tyre tracks at one of the murders, and that if enough of the victims were in Harris' class, that they'd arrest him."

"Alright, fine," Mr Stilinski began. "I'll allow the remote possibility, but give me a motive. I mean, why would this kid want most of the 2006 swim team and its Coach dead?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Stiles asked. Uh, no. No it is not. "Our swim team sucks! They haven't won in, like, six years." Which would lead back to 2005. But in that case, why specifically the 2006 swim team? Mr Stilinski raised his eyebrows at Stiles, telling him that that was a crappy motive. "Okay, we don't have a motive yet. I mean, come on, does Harris?"

"What do you want me to do?" Mr Stilinski questioned.

"We need to look at the evidence," Scott replied.

"Yeah, that would be at the station, where I no longer work." Hang on, since when was he not working at the station? Why wasn't I told?

"Trust me, they'll let you in," Stiles told him.

Mr Stilinski didn't seem to think that was a good idea. "Trust you?"

"Trust... Trust Scott? Or Tiana?" Stiles tried.

"Scott and Tiana, I trust," Mr Stilinski said, pointing at Tiana and Scott.

And so they headed to the station. Tiana texted her mom to tell her she'd be a little while, and not to wait up for her. "It's two in the morning," the deputy at the front desk told them as they walked in.

"Believe me, I wouldn't be here if it wasn't extremely important," Mr Stilinski told her.

"We look at the hospital stuff first, okay?" Stiles whispered to Tiana and Scott.

"Why?" Scott asked.

"Because all the murders were committed by Jackson, except for the pregnant girl, Jessica," Tiana replied.