15 ➵ I Told You So

After a brief discussion, Allison had taken Lydia home, and Stiles and Scott had decided to go after Jackson. Tiana had to call her mom back to find out what was going to happen in regards of where she lived. She'd gone back to Tara's house, Stiles and Scott having dropped her off on their way to tracking the kanima. Tiana had headed straight upstairs, throwing her jacket and bags onto the bed. She founded her mom's contact on her phone, calling the woman.

"Hi, mom. Sorry about earlier, I was a little busy. What were you going to say?" Tiana was nervous yet again, able to hear the beating of her heart in her ears.

"I decided that, when I'm back from Europe, which is only a couple of days away, I'll give this town a go. If it will make you happy, then I have to try."

Tiana almost screamed in excitement, biting her lower lip to muffle her squeals. "Thank you. Thank you so much, mom. I promise you this is a nice town, you'll like it."

"No problem, honey. It's about dinner time over there, so I'll let you go now. Love you sweetie, bye." Her mom hung up.

Tiana walked downstairs, a huge grin on her face as she sat down at the table in the kitchen. "What's gotten you so smiley?" Tara asked.

"My mom said she'd check out Beacon Hills. I might actually be moving here if she likes it here."

"That's brilliant!" Tara grinned. "Does she need to say here for a few days?"

"Well, it will be her and Caleb coming, so they'll probably just stay in a hotel or something," Tiana shrugged.

"No need," Tara stated, waving a hand in a 'Nonsense!' sort of way. "They can stay here. You've got enough space in your room, and there's always the couch. I don't mind."

"Great, thanks. I'll text mom after dinner." Once the food was prepared, they sat down for dinner, Tara and James sharing stories from their day of work.

"Tiana, how was your day?" James asked as he took a mouthful of food.

Tiana smiled, flashing to all of the chaos of her day. "Oh, pretty uneventful. Just the normal school day, boring classes, Harris is a horrible person, the usual. I mean, I felt kind of ill during the second half of the day, but I got over it pretty quickly."

"Are you sure?" Tara questioned. "You're looking a little pale."

Tiana frowned, tilting her head. She wasn't even sick, what was that all about? "It's probably just my usual pale." She shrugged. A silence settled across the table before Tiana came up with a topic of conversation that wasn't a total lie. "I kind of, sort of have a boyfriend now." Her voice was fairly quiet, muffled by the mouthful of food she'd just swallowed.

"Did I hear correctly? You have a boyfriend?" Tiana nodded. "Ooh! What's his name?"

"Isaac."

"As in Isaac who was suspected of murder just a week or so ago?"

"Yeah. I never believed he murdered his dad anyway. He wouldn't do that." Tiana hoped that was true. After today, there was no telling what he would or wouldn't do anymore. "And like I said, it's only kind of. I mean, he didn't properly ask me out of anything, but he told me he likes me, and I like him. I kissed him, and then we had to get to class. I guess I just kind of assumed we're dating now." She shrugged, before becoming quite aware of what she'd said, panicking a little bit. "Was that wrong? Should I not have assumed?"

"No, no, no," Tara shook her head. "Don't sound so worried. It's fine. Surely you've gone through this before?" Tiana bit the inside of her cheek lightly, shaking her head.

"What?" Tara and James both exclaimed simultaneously.

Tiana shrugged again. "I've never had a boyfriend before."