Chapter 124 alt: The Murder of Inko

With so many death threats, I thought, yeah, why not do this.

———

Inko watched the bird nomu return without her note in its claws. She'd love to see the brat's reaction to it but would have to make do with her imagination.

She strode down the passage to the main bar. At least the blond bitch was gone, she'd tried to throw knives at her every chance she got. The fucking psychopath throwing the knives at the wrong damn Midoriya.

She snatched a pint of something alcoholic out of a nobody's hand and downed it, trying to ignore how quiet the bar was. They'd got in new people, shitty quirks but loyal, but her husband had been off since Tomura ran away. She rubbed her belly, annoyed that her latest pregnancy test was still negative. With Shigaraki gone, it was the perfect time for her to produce a new heir to distract Hisashi, but nothing was happening yet.

She turned back to the nobody she'd taken the drink from, hoping to find an excuse to yell at them, only to find, the previously almost empty bar was filled with people. Mostly foreign teenagers, with menacing looks on their faces.
Several had knives, some guns, and a few...more questionable weaponry ranging from pitchforks, guns with acid bullets... and a woodchipper.
One was clutching a can of gasoline, several with torches though their eyes burned hotter.

"Well damn, you guys' anger broke the fourth wall."
Inko and the assorted group spun to look at a darkened corner of the room.
Sat on a floating white pillow was a woman with turquoise hair in a messy bun and an oversized red hoodie.
"Author-san?" Asked one of the group in surprise.
Another beamed, "Whimsy!"
"You aren't gonna summon Sero are you!" Growled another, clutching a sword menacingly.
The girl raised her hands defensively, "no way, he's having quality bro time cheering up Bakugou with Kiri and Kami! She's all yours, seriously. This book has got to stay PG, so I'd have to let her off lightly. You guys on the other hand..." her eyebrows quirked.

Inko scowled angrily, screeching, "what the fuck is going on! Who are you freakish brats! How did you-"
The author floated over and hit her over the head with Izuku's scythe she'd stolen out the story line after Mei gave it to Izuku back in chapter 52.
"All yours my lovely readers." Her eyes glinted menacingly, "enjoy, thoroughly. This petty victory has cost you, and you may come to regret it come chapter 136...so do make the very best of this."

A few wiser readers paled, rightly suspecting a demonic cliffhanger lay in their future, though the rest could only see the groggy Inko on the ground and all the karmic retribution they could deliver.
Regardless of how well they heeded Whimsy's warning, they all ran forward, dragging Inko by her hair out into the night, to set up a pyre. They had a witch to burn, and it may be international women's day...but this opportunity would not come again, so they'd ignore the irony.

Whimsy floated out of the window and settled to enjoy their antics...but suddenly felt a cold knife to her throat.
"Author you don't deserve to enjoy this after that you put us through in the last ten chapters." Hissed several voices at once.
Whimsy swallowed nervously feeling the blade press to her skin. "You're very right..." she muttered, "but if you kill me, you'll never know what happens."
"Don't you hear Inko's beautiful screams? Whimsy-chan we don't need to kill you."

Knowing the dangers of fans, let alone stans, she immediately teleported out of Kamino, guiding her magical pillow to the safety of Aoyama's room, and the blond's arms.
"Oh, ma Chérie..." he patted her hair affectionately.
"I know I deserve it for putting Izuku through so much...but that was scary!" She wailed. "I think I'm never going to give Sero a night off again!"
The french boy laughed and started plaiting her hair, "self care night while they torture Inko?"
"Mn, where's Iida?"
The blond flushed, "we have a big English assignment due tomorrow...he says I'm distracting."
Whimsy laughed, and tried to ignore the temptation to check back on the distant screams. "Self care night it is, mon ami scintillant (my glittery friend)."

———

[insert your own paragraphs of what you did to Inko in the comment section here]