The Rewind Quirk: Part 2

Izuku kept 'hiding' until they reached UA.
He looked up, eyes filled with awe as they strode through the vast gates.
"Like it?" Asked Shoto softly.
The child gave a shaky smile, "I've dreamt of coming in here most of my life."
"Me too." He said as they made their way into the main building.

He headed toward the elevator out of habit, but a tap on the elbow from Hitoshi redirected him to the stairs at the reminder of older Izuku's claustrophobia. The others remained quiet, nervous of frightening the kid.
The only thing that happened was Aizawa squeezing Katsuki's shoulder slightly. The blond was not handling this well, and his teacher knew he needed reassurance.

As they reached the second floor where Shuzenji's office lay, Shoto spoke again. "We're heading to the nurse's office now, she's called Shuzenji Chiyo, hero name Recovery Girl."
"She's a hero?" Whispered Izuku, a little nervous excitement in his question.
Shoto smiled slightly, "she is."
"Wow...I've only met two before."
"If one of my friends goes in first and explains what is going on...is that okay?" Asked Shoto softly, catching Aizawa's eye.
Izuku blinked, then nodded hesitantly.

Aizawa went in, and came out five minutes later, nodding Shoto in.
The bicoloured teen headed to the door but hesitated, "are you ready to meet her?"
Izuku paused before nodding, though the way he clung tighter onto Shoto betrayed his true feelings.
Entering the room, he found Recovery Girl waiting for him.
She smiled softly at Izuku who kept his head lowered, not meeting her eyes.
"Hello, you must be Izuku, it's nice to meet you." She murmured softly.
He nodded meekly, but he gripped Shoto tightly and his eyes remained focused on the floor.
"Hey Shuzenji-san," greeted Shoto, trying to inject affection and enthusiasm into his voice despite how poorly acquainted he was with the woman.
She picked up on it quietly, beaming at him, "Shoto, it is good to see you, could you show me which leg is broken?"

———

Aizawa stared at Katsuki who'd slid to the ground the moment Izuku and Shoto had disappeared into the room.
"I'm guessing," said the teacher gently, "that you never remember him being that bad."
"Never...I was blind." He whispered, head buried in his arms.
Hitoshi approached and patted him on the shoulder, "you were both kids, you wouldn't have known the signs."
"I didn't see the injuries because I covered him in my own!" Hissed Bakugou, hurt permeating his words.
"I don't blame you, and he doesn't blame you." Said Aizawa calmly. It was a partial lie, but he was the kid's teacher, and Katsuki had suffered plenty for his sins.
Vermillion eyes met his own, tortured and broken. "But I do."

———

"I can't do much more with the kid in this state." Said Shuzenji. "But I healed his wrist and leg, and the rest can be dealt with at a later date. Get him eating. He has severe malnutrition, so it will have to be bland and small amounts at first, I'd suggest porridge, or plain rice."

Shoto nodded.
Izuku had fallen asleep from the fatigue, but he hadn't put the kid down once. You'd think it was at Izuku's insistence but the kid would never ask for anything, Shoto was simply feeling incredibly protective. He couldn't get at Inko, so he was working with what he could do and that was protect Izuku with every fibre of his being.

"Thank you Shuzenji-san."
"Call me Chiyo sweetie. Take care of him Shoto."
"I will, Chiyo."

He exited to find Hitoshi and Aizawa either side of a crouched Katsuki. They looked up when he exited the office, eyes gravitating to the child in his arms.
"He's asleep." He informed them, "she healed his leg and wrist, but he didn't have enough stamina for her to do much else."

Shoto caught the look in Aizawa's eyes. He was incredibly reluctant, but he knew it was the right thing to do. He strode toward them and offered the child to his teacher, "he's your son." He murmured calmly.
The teacher stared from him to the malnourished seven year old, before with more caution than any of them had ever witnessed in him, the man took the child in his arms, cradling him like he was the greatest treasure in the world. Which to Aizawa, he was.