Chapter 8 - Family

Anthony was just finishing writing a note to his parents advising them of the birth of their triplets when Marie came down to get him, as he was sealing it. Boy, he sure could use a drink right now. It's been a stressful couple of days for both her and him.

He is the father of triplets. Who would have thought not he? He follows her up to the room and saw Penelope resting against a pillow looking tired, refreshed, better than before.

Before he sits beside Penelope, he passes the note to Marie and asks her to make the arrangements to get it delivered. Marie left to talk to David, her beloved, to plan to have the note delivered.

When Marie came down the stairs, David was waiting there for her and she went into his arms as he kissed the top of her head. They stayed like that for a few moments and then they stepped apart and she said, "This note needs to get to his parents, immediately. Can you make the arrangements, please?" she asked lovingly, looking up at him. He smiled and nodded and left her to do as she requested.

Marie thinks about the time she and David came together was the night Anthony brought Penelope home. How much they love each other and he asked her to marry him. Of course, she said yes. They want to get married soon as she is expecting and they want it official before the baby is born. Who would have thought that night with him we would expect such a surprise.

Penelope has the crib beside her bed, holding the three babies. They are sleeping at the moment and Penelope looks like she is dosing off. He bent down to kiss her forehead, but she raised her head and they kissed on the lips. The kiss was sweet and short, but it meant volumes between them.

He sits down on the bed beside her and she leans towards him. He wraps his arm around her and she lays her head on his chest and they both close their eyes and fell asleep.

****

There's a knock at Edmund and Violet's bed-chamber door.

"Yes," Edmund asks as he opens the door. Edmund takes the letter from the butler and then closes the door.

Edmund looks at the letter and wonders who it's from. He breaks the seal and begins to read:

Dear Mother and Father

This may come as a surprise to you, but I am advising you that I am a proud father of triplets who were born this morning.

You are probably shocked just as I was but you have to know that I am so proud of my wife who did a marvellous job giving birth to two boys and a girl.

Hoping to see you soon.

Your loving Son,

Anthony

Edmund looked up at his wife and said, "My god?" looking at Violet his eyes nearly popping out of his head.

Violet was curious and asked, "Who's the letter from? What did it say?" wondering what has him looking so shocked.

Edmund passed the letter for her to read and said, "Here, you read it," said Edmund.

"Anthony is a father of triplets? They were born this morning," Violet said surprisingly looking at her husband.

"Did he say, wife?" Looking at his wife for confirmation. She nodded her head looking at him and then back to the letter.

"When did he get married?" asked Violet of her husband. He raises his shoulders as to say I have no idea.

****

For the next month, Penelope and Anthony were adjusting to their new routine with the babies. They want to be involved with them and not have nannies taking care of them all the time. They knew it was going to be rough but they were willing to make the sacrifice. Things didn't always go well between them, they were frustrated, yelled at each other but discussed that before they went to bed they would always make up and love each other. That's what Anthony learned from his father and mother growing up and wanted the same for himself and Penelope.