Epilogue

"Mama, Papa!" yelled Rhys, running into the manor. "Mama, Papa!" she runs into the main room.

Penelope turns toward the screaming daughter. "Rhys, what's going on?" Penelope says sternly. Holding the hand of her younger twin brothers Alex and Andrew, who were a year younger than her and her twin brothers.

"It's Ethen, he's hurt. He fell out of a tree." Rhys was breathless from running.

Penelope yelled, "Anthony, Anthony!"

Anthony came running into the room. "What is it?" he asked curiously, out of breath from running.

Ethan's hurt. Go to him," she said sacredly. He grabbed Rhys's hand and left the room. They ran out of the manor and she showed her father where Ethan was.

When they arrived, he was on the ground below the tree, moaning as he hurt his arm. Anthony examined his arm and determined it broke when he landed.

Rhys moved towards Ethan and put her hand on the arm that was broken, and a glow came forth and wrapped around his arm.

Anthony looked at the event that was unfolding and thought 'No, she is healing him' she still has the gift. When the glow stopped, Ethan moved his arm and got up, and said my arm feels better.

"Ethan, go back to the house to your mother, we'll follow in a minute," he told his son and he left.

"Rhys," he said seriously to his daughter and grabbed her hands. "Do you know what just happened?" he asked her.

"Father, I felt that I had to do what I did and didn't know why, but it helped him feel better," she said to her father.

"Yes, I know, but you know you cannot let anyone know about your gifts, right!" he said looking at her with concern.

"Why, father?" she asked him to look into his eyes curiously.

"Your only ten years old and I have much to tell you but when you're older I will tell you the story of how you saved your mother," he said happily.

"That was Mrs. Smith said too!" she told father innocently.

The next moment everything went still except for Anthony and Rhys as the angel stepped through.

"Mrs. Smith!" Anthony said in surprise as he stood up.

"Anthony, good to see you," she said smiling at him then looking at Rhys. "Remember Rhys what I told you," she put her finger to her lips as to make a hushing sound.

"What's happening, Mrs. Smith," Anthony asked with concern.

The angel smiled, "Nothing ever ends Anthony, when one is removed another comes in it is the place," pointing to Rhys.

Anthony stared at his daughter and ruffled her hair, "Rhys, you must never do this without me being around and you definitely cannot tell anyone, promise!" he asked her sternly.

"Promise Father," looking at him questionably. Anthony smiled at her and then looked up to Mrs. Smith the angel.

The angel said, "There will come a time when she has to make a choice. The same as her mother did," looking at Anthony with her eyes raised.

Anthony nodded understanding what she meant, "Except she is not on the other side this time," he said to Mrs. Smith.

Once you return back to the house 'Rhys' you will not remember our talk till the time it is needed. So, go now and get your brother 'Conroy' over there by the tree who has been watching this event. This reminds me of his father," the angel looked at Anthony and smiled.

Rhys gave the angel a hug and walked towards Conroy her brother and moments later they left. Anthony watched them leave and with a heavy sigh turned towards the angel.

"How come Conroy was not frozen?" questioning look at her.

"He was still within the area that wasn't. The same as you were then. Besides, he is more important than you know," she said smiling at him.

Anthony looked surprised, "What do you mean?" crossing his arms waiting for an answer.

"Do you think she was the only one with a gift? Each child has one of their own and in unique ways. When the time is right, it will be revealed to them. They will never be alone. Someone will be watching over them. In the meantime, that is your job. Is it not? Asking him with a smile in her voice as she laid her hand on his arm.

"So, what do I do to help them?" looking at her with concern.

"Be there for them, guide them when needed. They look up to you, so all you have to do is love them. The rest will work out for themselves. I leave you now, I just want to say one more thing," looking at him with pride.

"She made the right choice. I am very proud of you," she smiled, squeezed his arm, and then she disappeared.

The air around him changed and took a deep breath and exhaled. He thought about what she said to him. She was proud of him and that meant more to him than he realized.

He thought about how much he loved Penelope and what life would be without her was unthinkable. His children, the triplets Ethan, Conroy, and Rhys who are ten now. His twin boys Alex and Andrew are nine. Five children and he was the luckiest man alive.

He walked back into the Sutton manor to join his family. When he entered the main room, his wife and five children ran towards him and hugged him. There is no greater feeling than being surrounded by your family and what the future may hold.

****