i capital L Love you

~•~•~•~••~•~•~•~
S Y N O P S I S

Loving him was the best – and worst – form of self-destruction.

Sophie has been friends with Oliver since they were seven and starry-eyed. And on some level, she has Loved him (with a capital L) ever since.

She fell down that rabbit hole at an early age, and she still doesn't know how to climb out. So, she decided to start a journal to pinpoint where it all went wrong and to figure out where to go from there.

~•~•~•~••~•~•~•~
P R E F A C E

     I wrote this novella months ago. I had an entire note written to accompany this chapter, but I deleted it. Why? I didn't like it anymore. The same thing can be said for the rest of this novella. I have this tendency to write stuff and hate on it months later. I could've used better descriptions. This is so cringey. Why would anyone willingly read this shit? My grammar and sentence structures are awful. I hate this. All of the above are things that go through my mind when I'm re-reading my own words. I'm sure many of you think the same things.

     But who even cares if I don't like it anymore? I liked it once upon a time and couldn't wait to share it. So, I'm going to share this different book.

     Fair warning: it's a sad one. A bittersweet ending, rather than a happy one. But still purely fictional. It's written by a seventeen-year-old girl who has only experienced romantic love via books and movies. Someone who was – and still is – a dreamer and a little bit of a realist. I honestly don't know what possessed me to write about unrequited love, having never experienced it myself. I must just be a sucker for sadness. But all I know is that I read a book about a girl falling out of love months ago, and it sparked my idea for ICLLY.

This book might be cringey and downright terrible, but I hope it resonates with someone out there. Enjoy it or don't. Praise it or critique it – I'll likely agree with you. That's all I have to say.

- Gemma ♡

~•~•~•~••~•~•~•~
I N F O

Started: March 8, 2021
Finished: April 2, 2021
Word Count: 18,000

** Updates every Monday/Wednesday/Friday until completed **

Chapter 1 is coming on Monday, August 16!

~•~•~•~••~•~•~•~