Eight

Chapter Eight- Penny's POV

I glance at Alex, he was leaning back on the wall, slouched in his seat, rolling out his shoulder "Xander are you okay?" I question softly looking around the waiting room.

He opens his eyes and nods, "I'm fine," he assures me giving me a tight-lipped smile.

"You look like shit, I could've rescheduled," I tell him. He immediately shakes his head.

"No, hell no. We're about to see if our baby is a boy or girl, I'm not waiting any longer just because I have a small concussion and a shoulder injury," He tells me.

"When are you going to listen to your superiors?" I tease him and he smiles, I notice the small wince though.

"I haven't listened to you much so," he shrugs and I chuckle.

"Time will tell then," I muse and he nods. Our name was called and we follow the nurse towards an empty room. I settle onto the table and lift up my shirt.

"So how are we feeling today momma?" The nurse asks me with a smile.

"Well, I'm obviously doing a lot better than this guy right here," I joke thrusting my thumb at Alex, we ladies chuckle.

"Rough day at work?" The nurse asks Alex.

"that's an understatement," Alex answers politely.

"Well, I'm aware we are ready for the sex of the baby?" She asks and I nod, feeling myself get giddy as she puts the gel on my stomach. Alex pulls the chair closer to him and settles down, grabbing my hand in the process.

I smile at him as he kisses the back of my hand, "ready pretty?" he asks me and I nod excitedly.

I turn to the computer screen as the sound of our baby's heartbeat fills the room, that sound brings music to my ears and I assume it does for Alex too because he squeezes my hand.

The nurse smiles, "looks like you guys are having a baby girl, congratulations," she says.

Tears suddenly stream down my cheeks as I can't contain myself anymore, Alex kisses my forehead, and then my cheek. I turn to him and he had tears in his own eyes and I don't think I've seen him cry in my life unless it was fake and I 'wounded' him after I turned down his flirting.

"a baby girl," I murmur and he smiles before he cups my cheek and kisses me roughly but passionately. I chuckle against him.

Alex pulls away, "uh can we have a sonogram?" He asks clearing his throat.

"Of course," She smiles at us. Finishing up with the checkup and getting our pictures, I was wiping the gel off my stomach, "congratulations again you guys," she smiles at us before giving us some privacy.

"Oh god I'm going to be so outnumbered," Alex chuckles as I lower myself back onto my feet and he hands me one sonogram before slipping the other into his wallet, I smile at that action.

I laugh, "looks like you'll be praising the floor we walk on then," I muse. He looks down at me and smiles. He cups my cheeks and presses his lips to mine, I stumble against him.