14

"you've been in bed for the past three days," sage rested her head against ivy's door frame, "we've barely seen you, have you even been eating?"

"yeah," ivy muttered, furrowing her eyebrows, "i'm fine." she shrugged her shoulders, pressing play on the tv.

sage dragged her feet across the floor, flopping her body on the edge of ivy's bed and gazed over at her, "look, i'm sorry about the other day, you're right, i shouldn't be thinking i know the in's and out's of you and simon. i didn't mean to upset you."

"it's fine." ivy murmured, still staring up at the tv, "maybe i was a bit dramatic." she huffed.

"no, you weren't. you shouldn't have to be forced to be around him if you don't want to be and -"

"it's not that i don't want to be, sage," ivy turned to look at her friend, sage glaring at the prominent dark circles under her eyes, "it's just that it's messing with my feelings."

a frown formed on sage's lips, "have you spoke to him, about the other night?"

ivy quickly shook her head in response, "erm," she grabbed her phone from the side, "he messaged me, but i don't know how to reply or even if i want to." she sighed, peering at the message he sent her two days ago.

from simon
can we talk?

"what does it say?" sage questioned. ivy passed her the phone and sage slowly brought her head up to look at her, "well what would you talk about."

"i don't know, i guess about what happened. but it was just a silly mistake, we'd been drinking and i guess being alone together sparked something, i don't know." she groaned, throwing her hands over her face.

"well," sage pulled ivy's wrist away from her face, "come out for a drink with us tonight?"

"who's us?"

"me, es, some of the lads - not simon though, i think some of them have tried to ask you, but you've been ignoring everyone."

ivy chucked her head backwards into the cushions, "oh, i don't know." she mumbled.

"please, don't make me get esme in here to force you as well." sage smirked.

"but -"

"no 'buts'," she made air quotes, "you're coming whether you like it or not, now get ready! you've got a couple of hours."

"alright, alright." letting out an elongated sigh, ivy slowly pulled her body up against the headboard, "i'll get ready."

"yay!" sage grinned, running out of ivy's room to get ready herself.

it took ivy some time to get ready, debating with herself as to whether she even wanted to leave the flat. the message from simon replaying in her mind, part of her wanted to reply, she just didn't know what with. she was aware that whatever happened between them was a stupid mistake, but in the moment they could barely keep their hands off one another, he was addictive and she yearned for more.

clasping her heels around her ankles, she stood up unsteadily and glanced at her appearance in the full length mirror. no matter how much makeup she applied, she still appeared exhausted, thinking about the other night drained the life out of her, yet it constantly replayed in her mind.

pulling her feet into the living room, she spotted her two friends patiently waiting for her on the sofa, "do i look okay?" ivy sighed.

"yes, you took your time!" esme giggled, "i'm gonna book an uber now."

"okay," ivy exhaled in response, perching herself at the dining table, "we meeting them there?"

"yeah." sage nodded her head slowly, gazing at ivy rest her elbows on the table in front of her, "you just need a drink, ivy."