23

"i don't even understand why i'm going." ivy muttered under her breath, wrapping the strap of her heel around her ankle.

"because you've been invited," esme furrowed her eyebrows, staring down at the girl, "and besides, you're friends with josh and we're celebrating both of their birthday's."

"hmm." ivy mumbled, catching her balance as she stood up from the chair, "just not in the mood for it."

"shut up, ivy." sage strolled out of her bedroom, "you're coming whether you like it or not."

ivy rolled her eyes, "i know i'm coming, just can't be arsed."

a couple of weeks had passed since simon went to ivy's. neither of them had really spoke much, just a few messages exchanged back and forth. she could not believe that in her drunk state she would tell simon that she loves him, whenever she thought about it she felt an overwhelming sense of embarrassment. ivy had to come to terms with the fact that maybe she did still love him, she knew that sober her would never initially admit such a thing, but being told that she said it had her thinking. but what worried her was the unknown, what did he feel back?

"you say this, but then you'll be loving it once you're there." esme smirked.

"maybe i will be." ivy shrugged her shoulders, taking a sip of the beverage in front of her.

ivy could not quite pin point what it was that was bothering her about going to celebrate simon's birthday. why would she be phased by it? she had celebrated every birthday with him since they were teenagers and thought that she would never celebrate another one of his birthday's again. but now she was and it was something that she never expected.

the three girls walked through the club into the privately hired room, the place already filled with many people who had arrived. ivy awkwardly stood behind sage and esme who excitedly greeted everyone with hugs and grins, whereas ivy only waved and offered a small smile. sighing, she swiftly made her way over to the bar, no longer paying attention to anyone else.

"erm, double vodka and lemonade please and two sambuca shots?" she smiled politely at the bar tender and lent her body against the bar, watching everyone else. she was so focused on what everyone else was doing, she did not even notice simon stood beside her getting himself a drink.

"well, hello to you too." he chuckled, catching her attention which startled her.

"oh, fuck." she placed a hand on her chest, "i didn't even notice you were there, sorry." she giggled softly, shaking her head.

"it's alright." he smirked, "how are you anyways?"

"i'm good," she had to raise her voice over the blaring music, "you?"

"yeah, not bad." he nodded his head slowly. ivy turned back around to grab her drink and instantly backed the two shots, "jheez." simon laughed.

"you better get fucked too, birthday boy." she nudged him with her elbow and grinned up at him, "i want you to be on the same level i was on at sage's birthday."

"fuck that." he swiftly shook his head, "you were a mess, all three of you were."

"yeah, whatever." she shook her head at him and leant over the bar to catch the attention of the bartender, "can i get four sambuca shots, please?"

simon instantly shook his head at her and took a deep breath in, "i hate you."

"what have i done?" she waved her hands in the air, "who said they aren't all for me?"

"because i know they're not." simon raised an eyebrow. ivy smirked at him and pushed two shots in his direction, "see, i knew it."

"hmm." she raised her brows and they clinked their shot glasses together, instantly pouring them down their throats. a shiver ran through ivy's body, but she was desperate to simply feel less tense. the two made their way back over to everyone else and ivy instantly started to dance with freya as she attempted to relax into the atmosphere.