18

simon noticed that ivy had left him on read. he understood why she did not want to message back and talk about the situation, but he was also annoyed at her for not telling him. she was able to tell him the truth about how she felt, why couldn't she admit that cal tried to throw himself at her?

cal openly told simon himself after the guilt consumed him. he was angry at himself, simon was one of his closest friends and he attempted to kiss his ex girlfriend who simon clearly still had feelings for - all the guys could notice it - and he was ashamed of himself. although ivy accepted his apology, he felt as though he still owed simon one and he was confident that ivy would have already told him, but his instincts weren't quite correct.

laying on his bed, completely zoned out, music played through a speaker beside him, but the lyrics only sounded like mumbles. simon was completely lost in his own mind, he couldn't stop his thoughts from racing and overwhelming him. ivy was constantly on his mind, thinking about what had happened between them the previous day, both of them admitting their feelings for one another and now being stuck on why she chose not to tell him about cal. even earlier in the day, at the sidemen shoot, he was far from himself, he was distanced from the rest of the guys even when he was sat right next to them.

the whole situation appeared to be a lot more complicated than it was. two ex's still not over one another? it would appear simple to everyone else, but for ivy and simon it was far from that. simon knew they broke up for a reason, he was too busy and began to treat her like something he had on the side rather than his girlfriend. it was as though ivy was someone he could go to when he was stressed and she would comfort him, or when he needed help and she was someone to cuddle when he felt like it. although his feelings for her remained, he felt guilty for knowing that he was just as busy as back when they were together and he feared that he could not make enough time for her, even if he did have a better schedule.

sighing, he glared at the multiple messages pile in from the lads groupchat. he rolled is eyes at the numerous notifications, finally pressing on the messages.

troops
harry: anyone fancy a drink tonight?
ethan: yeah go on lad
lux: where?
cal: dunno, just go to a bar or something
lux: sure

he grumbled, the last thing he wanted to do was go out for a drink. especially with them.

troops
simon: nah, busy
ethan: come on minter
jj: you're not busy though?
simon: you're not even going
jj: yeah i know
lux: don't be boring simon
simon: fine.

huffing, he dragged his feet from the comfort of his bed and trudged in the direction in the living room, in search of jj. he spotted jj in the kitchen, heating up some food, "why?" simon threw his hands in the air.

"you've been sat in your room all day, not even working." jj raised his eyebrows.

"and now i have to go out with them." he muttered, letting out an elongated sigh, "last thing i want to do is go out with cal."

"bro," jj turned his head to look at him, "he apologised to you, it was a mistake," he shrugged, "get over it, you've been in such a bad mood since you saw ivy yesterday."

simon furrowed his eyebrows, "no i haven't." he said sternly.

"yes you have."

"no i haven't."

"whatever." jj muttered, plating up his food, "you're so stubborn." he shook his head.

"why would i be in a bad mood?" simon asked.