Chapter Two - Halo - Chapter Two

Genevieve got assigned to clean up the bathrooms (literally the one job everyone collectively hated) when Glenn called for a meeting, "Attention. Attention! Okay, everybody look over at me now. Okay, that's as loud as my voice goes, so I'm-I'm not sure what to do here. Oh, oh, oh. Okay. Okay. Today is a, uh, very exciting day, because "Stratus" is doing a profile on our store. Yeah, ooh! Oh, yeah!"

"What's "Stratus"?" John asked.

"Um, only our internal corporate magazine!" Mateo scoffed at his cluelessness.

""Magazine" isn't exactly accurate. It's more like misleading propaganda." Amy chimed in.

"No, it's not!" Glenn defended.

""Minimum wage is maximum fun!"" Amy quoted a headline.

"It is!" Glenn agreed.

""Work it Off: A Guide to Injuries on the Job."" Jonah read through an old issue of the magazine.

"Ooh, there's a jingle-writing contest. Bo could enter that. If he won, he could stop dancing for his Mom's friends." Cheyenne said.

"It's my responsibility to show the reporter around, so, please, let's put our best foot forward, okay? Cheyenne, that means no falling asleep in the bedding department."

"I get tired, Glenn. I'm pregnant."

"Not today, you're not!"

"Okay."

"Uh, oh, and Sal, I'm gonna need you to take the creepiness down to about a two, okay? Garrett, um, I love those nicknames you come up with for me, but, uh, some people might see them as insulting, so why don't you just get 'em out of your system now?"

"Glennda, G-Nothing, Glenngarry Glenn Loss, Glennema, Glenntil Soup, TransGlennder." Garrett spit off names quickly making Genevieve laugh at Glenn's enthusiastic reaction to the names he failed to see were actually insults.

"Oh, that's a new one."

"You got to keep this reporter away from me. I hate reporters. My school paper once misidentified me as a scoliosis victim. I mean, the joke is, my spine is perfect, okay? I can bench 160. 165 in the right situation." Dina winked at Jonah, looking directly at him.

"Okay! Let's get out there and have a newsworthy day. Do it for the old uh, G-Spot! See? You're not the only one who's good at nicknames."

"Jesus, man." Genevieve approached Garrett after everyone headed to work, "That was brutal."

"He literally asked me to." Garrett smirked, "Couldn't let the perfect opportunity go."

"One day, do you think he'll realize you're actually insulting him?" She asked.

"Nope!" He called back, heading towards customer service.

"Hey, listen..." Dina approached her, "The photographer and interviewer are going to be here soon. We're gonna need those bathrooms spotless ASAP."

"Spotless?" Genevieve gawked, "You know how disgusting our customers are. Besides, there's noone helping me."

"Look, I hate cleaning the bathrooms just as much as everyone else," Dina shrugs, "Get to it, but make it quick. After, you can go help Elias in produce."

Genevieve watched her walk away while heading to the back of the store for a mop bucket and cleaning supplies. The second she opened the door to the Women's bathroom, she gagged. It was hard to tell which bathroom was worse. Gender aside, human beings can be disgusting.

~ SUPERSTORE ~

During her lunch break, Genevieve passed by Garrett and Jonah who discussed the photographer roaming the store for the picture perfect opportunity.