Chapter Ten - Garrett McNeil - Chapter Ten

It was nearing the holiday's, every employees nightmare. Every year, someone got hurt during their Black Friday sale and every year brawls broke out over their Christmas sales. It was complete chaos and anarchy. In fact, almost every winter break there was a reported robbery in the parking lot. Dina tried to upgrade the security, but her methods weren't exactly legal and corporate shut that down immediately.

"It has always been the manager's spot. I want you to stop parking in it."

"There is no such thing as the manager's spot."

"There is. The manager's spot is the one that says "The Manager.""

"Are you done?" Mateo asked Dina and Glenn, waiting for the morning meeting to start before they headed out to the floor with their shift assignments.

"Okay, everyone. Good morning! Let's settle down. Um, 'tis the season. And I'd like to give a permanent welcome to all our new temporary workers in the light blue vests." Glenn clapped, reading off his clipboard, "Now, I haven't put all the faces to the names yet, but I do know that you are Reggie and and we now have a Black Todd. Nope, you'll just be Todd. Uh, you'll be White Todd? Thank you. And, uh, oh, and this sweetheart here is Opal, who, at 90 years old, I think is the oldest employee we've ever had. Oh, and lastly, let's give a big Cloud 9 welcome to Amy's better half, Adam Dubanowski."

"No, babe, nobody else gave a speech." Amy internally died when her husband stood up.

"No, it's cool, babe. It's cool. Um, I just wanted to tell you all not to treat me any differently just 'cause I'm sleeping with the boss." He joked, "Anyway, if you have any questions about Amy, come see me. I've got all the dirt."

"Seriously?"

"Oh, right. Sorry, Bean."

"All right, uh, moving on. Tornado safety..." Glenn went down the list as Garrett interrupted, smirking, "Whoa, whoa, whoa, not moving on. I want to know why you just called her Bean."

"Is it because you like to eat beans?" Cheyenne asked.

"Is it because you fart a lot? Like this gentleman sitting next to me?" Mateo glared at their temporary hires.

"It's 'cause I'm small, okay?"

"When we first got together, it was so cute, the way she'd sleep. Just like my little naked bean."

"Stop. Please, can you stop?"

"They like it."

"Okay, well, any more questions?"

Genevieve was assigned to the stock room and dreaded her interactions with Marcus and the warehouse crew as she drove the forklift.

~ SUPERSTORE ~

"Hey. My name's Jonah. I couldn't possibly wager on people quitting their jobs."

"Well, you started it, so..."

"No, what I started was a simple wager where no one got hurt. You were trying to make him quit, which is so much more awesome. I wish I would have thought of it sooner. I wasted a lot of good years."

"So the bet's still on?"

"It's on like Kublai Khan."

Genevieve approached the whispering pair near the customer service counter and sighed, "I hate new hires and I hate seasonal help. 90% of these people aren't even following directions. I mean, look at that guy right there, he can't even put up a display correctly. How did Glenn sign off on all these people?"