Prolouge

*20th Ward : Mado Residence : Oreki's POV*

I was on my bed reading a book by Sherlock Holmes."Oreki! Time for Dinner!"Onee-chan yelled out to my room."Coming!"I yelled back as i placed my book down and went downstairs.

*Mado Residence : Dining Room : Oreki's POV*

I was sitting on the dining room eating fresh sushi that Onee-chan made. Oto-san was eating it too with a smile. We were a happy family."Oreki, have you thought about your future plans?"My dad asked me with a curious look."Hmmm, well i'm very invested in books so.....how bout a novel writer?"I asked with a smile."A Novel writer? Not a CCG Investigator?"Onee-chan asked with a confused look."I've never been interested in that."I told her with a smile."I know the pay is high depending on the Ghoul but then again, i still fear death."I told her as i chuckled.

"Well? What are you gonna do after this?"Oto-san asked me with a curious look."I'm thinkin of headin out for a bit to that construction site so i can draw a little bit of Tokyo from above."I told him with a smile."I know its gonna be a good view so why not draw there?"I asked with a smile."Just dont do anything reckless, okay Oreki?"Onee-chan told me with a cold stare."I promise!"I told her with a salute.

*20th Ward : Construction Site : Oreki's POV*

I was at a Construction Site drawing a picture of Tokyo. I was smiling as i drew the city but felt uneasy as someone was watching me from behind. I kept on looking backwards to see if anyone was there but i couldnt find anyone. I ignored it and just kept on drawing until i heard a noise coming behind me. I turned around to see 5 Ghouls approaching me.

"Well well well, looks like you're all alone kid."One of the Ghouls said with a creepy wide smile."Whats your name kid?"It asked me as it crawled up behind me and rubbed my chin."O-Oreki Mado..."I told them with a scared look."Oreki Mado huh? You look scared."He said as he licked me with his long tounge."A kid like you shouldnt be out here at this hour, so why are you here?"He asked me as he gave me a scratch on my right shoulder."I-I'm just drawing."I told him with a nervous look."I see..."He said as the remaining 4 Ghouls appraoched me."Boys, looks like we got fresh food!"

They were about to eat me but i was able to dodge them. I quickly ran trying to escape them but they were way too fast and destructive. Each path i choose, they'd catch up on me by smashing through walls.'These guys are crazy!'I thought to myself as one of them appeared infront of me."Nowhere to run boy!"One of the Ghouls yelled as it walked up to me slowly and creeply. As i backed up, the Construction Site suddenly collapsed and fell down to the ground along with me and the 5 Ghouls. We were all screaming as we fell down.

*20th Ward : Hospital : Oreki's POV*

It was dark, i couldnt see anything. I heard beeping noises as if my hear was being monitored. I also heard surgeons operating me. I didnt know what was going on. I tried opening my eyes but it was all blurry. After a few minutes, i passed out not knowing whats going on.

A Day Later

I woke up and everything was back to normal. I could see everything again. I noticed that i was on a hospital bed looking with a Heart Monitor right next to me beeping."W-Where am i?"I asked myself as i covered my face."What happened?"I asked myself as i shook my head."It appears you're awake."The Doctor told me as he appeared infront of me."You were caught in an accident yesterday in a construction site."He told me as he sat next to me."What were you doing there anyways?"He asked me with a confused look. I tried to remember what i was doing until a fragment of my memory came back."I was drawing there...."I told him as i shook my head."And then...5 Ghouls appeared and attacked me."

"I see."He said as he noted down what happened."I dont know how to tell you this but....you've been confirmed dead yesterday.."He told me with a frown."W-What?"I asked him with a confused look."What do you mean?"I asked him with a confused look."It means, noone in the world knows you're alive."He said as he rubbed my head."Its for the best."He said with a smile."What do you mean its for the best?!"I asked him with a frustrated look."Wattabout my Dad?! Wattabout my Sis?!"I asked him with a frustrated tone."Calm down."He told me as he gripped my shoulders."Its for your own safety."He told me with a glare."The fall at the Construction Site was fatal....using a regular donor wasnt gonna work for your operation."He told me with a sad frown."We had no choice but to implant one of the Ghouls that attacked you last night onto you to ensure that you survive."

"And you still kept my presence a secret?"I asked him with a confused yet frustrated look."Society doesnt accept Ghouls like us."He told me with a glare."If you were to live your life with your family as a Ghoul....You'd get them in trouble."He said with a sad frown."You dont want that to happen, correct?"He asked me with a glare."This is all for the effort of keeping you alive and having your family stay out of trouble."

Tears came out of my eyes knowing that i cant go back to my family. I wiped them off as i cried for not being able to see them again."I've contacted an old friend of mine to take care of you."He told me as he wiped off some of my tears."He's agreed to it so i'll be taking you to his place tomorrow."He told me with a soft smile."We'll be moving out right now."He said as he stood up infront of me."Lets go."He said as he left the room.

*20th Ward : Anteiku Coffee Shop : Oreki's POV*

I was with the doctor walking towards a small Coffee Shop called Anteiku. I didnt know why he brought me to a coffee shop, my guess was that he wanted a short break from walking. We stopped by in the Coffee Shop and was greeted by the staff in there."Its been a while, Yoshimura-kun."The Doctor said with a smile as he shook the manager of the Coffee Shops hand. He was pretty old unlike the rest of his staff."Indeed it has, Asaki."The Manager replied with a smile."And this must be Oreki-kun, correct?"The Manager asked as he kneeled dow infront of me."Welcome to the Anteiku."

I nodded with a nervous look as i then hid behind the doctor."Dont be shy, we're all Ghouls here."The Doctor said with a smile."Sorry for his shyness, hes still not used to being a Ghoul just yet."The Doctor apologized with a bow."Not to worry, we'll help him out with that too."The Manager said with a smile."Now, Touka-chan."The Manager called a girl with purple hair with bangs covering the right side of her face."Show him to his room."The Manager ordered with a smile."Oreki-kun, this way."The Purple haired girl said as she walked up the stairs and escorted me to my room.

*Oreki's Room : Anteiku : Oreki's POV*

I entered the room with the purple haired girl. I noticed that my room was pretty clean. It had a small desk, a large table in the middle, a one man bed and a balcony i can stand on."This is your room for now on."The girl told me with a smile."I know it'll be hard getting used to living life here but you'll adapt soon enough."She told me with a bright smile."If you need anything, you can ask me."She said with a smile."R-Right."I said with a shy tone."Well, call me if you need something."She said as she exitted the room."I'll be downstairs."She said as she walked down the stairs. I closed the door and got on top of my bed.'Onee-chan, Oto-san......I'm sorry....but i cant come home....'I thought to myself as i fell asleep.

*End*