Chapter 1

*20th Ward : Anteiku : Oreki's POV*

I was on my bed reading the book i usually read. I started feeling tired and passed out on my bed. The book i was reading covered my face as i snored quietly through my sleep. I suddenly had a dream of being somewhere dark.

:Dream:

It was very dark. I couldnt see anything apart from a black void filled with emptiness. Then, i saw someone sitting on a chair infront of me. It was the very same ghoul who attacked me at the Construction Site 2 days ago.

"My my, look what we have here."He said with a with a sinister laugh."What the hell are you doing here?!"I yelled out in fear as i stepped back a little bit."Am i not allowed to be? this is our body."He said as he looked at me with his black and red eyes."Even if i wanted to, i still wouldnt be able to get out of here......its cause i'm part of you now..."

"So you were the one that Doctor transplanted me with?"I asked him with a curious look."Thats correct, which means i'm trapped in here no matter what you try to make me do."He said with a sinister smile."Well, it seems you're a little hungry there boy.....why dont you eat someone?"He asked me with a sinister look as he got off of the chair he was sitting on and approached me."Which one should you eat first? The Purple Haired girl? or the Old Man?"

"Leave them out of this!"I yelled out as i backed up a little away from him."Thats a shame...guess you'll have to eat humans that live on the outside world...."He said with a sinister smile as he appeared behind me and hugged from the back. His tounge crawled up my face making me feel disgusted."Well anyways, the decision is yours since you'll be the one doing all the work."He told me as he let go of me."Goodbye for now."He said as he pushed me back down the void sending me back to reality.

:End of Dream:

I woke up screaming in shock as i took deep breaths. Suddenly, the purple hared girl barged into my room with a concerned look as she noticed the fear in my eyes."Oreki-kun, are you okay?"She asked me as she approached me slowly."I...I'm fine.."I told her as i covered my right eye."Oreki-kun, was it a nightmare?"She asked me with a soft smile."S-Sometthing like that."I told her as my stomache grumbled."Looks like you're hungry."She said with a soft smile."I'll get you something to eat."She told me as she left my room and went downstairs.

I got up from my bed and walked over towards my small desk. I sat there and turned on the nightlight. The Purple Haired Girl came into the room bringing a plate of human flesh."Here you go."She told me as she placed the plate on the table."Isnt this-"She cut me off."Human flesh, yes."She told me with a soft smile."I-I cant eat that..."I told her with a frown."Oreki-kun, you cant eat regular stuff that Humans usually eat anymore."She told me with a serious look."You're no longer just human, you're half human."She told me as she knelt down next to me."So, i'm sorry but to survive....you're gonna have to eat it."She told me as she rubbed my head.

I grabbed the spoon and hesitated to eat the human flesh. My hands were shaking as i thought about the food prepared infront of me. Suddenly, the Purple Haired Girl grabbed the spoon away from me and fed me the human flesh instead."Here, eat."She said as she fed me like a baby. I swallowed the human flesh down my throat as i shook my head.'Its....delicious.....'I thought to myself as i looked at the plate. She kept on feeding me until the entire plate was finished."Did you enjoy it?"She asked me with a bright smile."K-Kind of..."I told her with a sad frown."I kinda feel bad for eating it but i also feel kinda better after eating it."I told her with a sad look."Well, if you need anymore theres some leftovers downstairs."She told me as she left my room."Well, see ya."She said from the door."I have to get ready for school."

"W-Wait."I told her as i looked at her in the eye."W-Whats your name again?"I asked her with a curious look."Touka Kirishima."She introduced herself with a smile as she left the room and ran back to her own room.'Touka Kirishima huh.....i'll remember that name.'I thought to myself as i smiled a little bit."It seems you and Touka-chan are getting along quite well."A voice came from the door. I looked at my door to see The Manager standing there leaning over the door."S-Shes treating me pretty nicely..."I told him with a small smile."Shes always nice to people your age."He told me with a smile as he left my room."Come with me, it seems its time you get a mask."

*4th Ward : HySy ArtMask Studio : Oreki's POV*

The Manager took me to the 4th Ward where we stopped at a mask shop called HySy ArtMask Studio. We went in to see a Ghoul with with black hair, styled into an undercut. He had various tattoos covering his arms, and a sun tattoo covering his entire left pectoral region."Its been a while, Uta."The Manager greeted with a soft smile."Yoshimura-san."The Ghoul called with a straight face."It really has been a while."He said as he stood up and shook the Managers hand."And whos the boy?"He asked with a confused look."This is Oreki Mado, hes a one eyed ghoul."

The Ghoul suddenly inspected me up close and looked at me in the eye. He then touched my face and rubbed it as if my face was a toy."Interesting."He said as he rubbed my head."Well, i'm assuming you're looking for a mask then."He said with an expressionless look."Indeed we are."The Manager said with a soft smile."Take a seat over there please, Oreki-kun."The Ghoul told me as i saw a stool lying infront of me."R-Right."I told him as i sat down on the stool.

He clothed me up with some kind of robe and measured my face and body. He then rubbed his chinas he inspected me closely."Oreki-kun, tell me what kind of girl you like."He said as he kept on measuring me."E-Eh?!"I asked him with a surprised look."I-Is that question even relevant?"I asked him with a nervous look."I like to get to know my customers so i can build a mask that fits their personality."He told me with an expressionless look as he kept on measuring me."I see....i'm more into cheerful girls my age."I told him as he kept on measuring me."They dont have to be good lookin or anything, as long as they're supportive and maybe got the same interests as me, thats my type i guess?"I asked him with a nervous look."I see...."He said as he finished measuring me up.

"Your mask will be ready by tomorrow, i'll send it to you personally."He said as he got on a workbench and begun to work on my mask."Well then, we'll be off."The Manager said with a smile."Oreki-kun, lets go."The Manager said as he exitted the Mask Shop. I followed suit after a couple minutes of looking at other masks.

*20th Ward : Anteiku : Oreki's POV*

We both went back to the Anteiku Coffee Shop after getting my mask."Well, we're back."The Manager said with a smile."I'll be in my room."I told him as i went upstairs and into my room."Looks like hes starting to adjust."A Staff member with brown hair styled in a pompadour said."Indeed he is."The Manager said with a smile.

*Oreki's Room : Oreki's POV*

I was sitting on my desk reading a book made by the author Takatsuki Sen. The book was called 'Salt and Opium'. I kept reading it since i was interested by her works. As i read it, i noticed some messages coming from the book. It was like a code or something.....I didnt know what it meant so i just ignored it.

I closed my book and got off of my desk. Before i could get on my bed, Touka came into my room with a smile."I'm back."She said with a smile."Touka-san."I said as i looked at her smile."W-why are you here?"I asked her with a confused look."Well, i just wanted to ask you...."She paused as she approached me and knelt down."Have you ever been to school?"She asked me with a curious look."Y-Yes....but it wasnt good.."I told her with a sad frown."The cool kids there would bully me everytime......they said they hated me for always depending on Onee-chan to defend me."

"Well? Did you?"She asked me with a curious look."No, only sometimes when i need her.."I told her with a frown."Well, how bout you go to a diffrent school?"She asked me with a smile as she rubbed my hair."E-Eh?"I asked her with a confused look."The Manager and i have been thinking about it alot....i think its time we enlist you in a school."

"B-but wouldnt that risk my identity being found out?"I asked her with a confuse look."Thats true, thats why you'll be using a fake name."She said with a bright smile."A fake name?"I asked her with a confused look."Hmmm, how about Oreki Kazuki?"She asked me with a smile."I-I think i'll stick to my real name instead and just tell them its a coincidence."I told her with a nervous look."I guess we could do that."She said with a sigh."Good luck on entering, Oreki-kun."She said with a smile as she rubbed my head."I'll be helping you study, so be prepared."She said with a smile."T-Thank you.."I told her with a nervous smile."Well? Lets get started."She said as we then proceeded to study.

'Ya'know, i'm starting to think living a life as a Ghoul aint so bad afterall.'I thought to myself as i paid attention to Touka's teachings with a smile.

*End*