Chapter 4

*20th Ward : Anteiku : Oreki's POV*

I was drinking coffee downstairs as i read a book by Takatsuki Sen. Out of my knowledge, the black haired boy Touka found yesterday started working here as a part-timer. But i ignored that fact and continued reading my book.  As i was reading, i felt as if something bad was happening somwhere but i dont know where it could be happening. Koma-san noticed my uneasy look and decided to ask me."Oreki-kun, are you alright?"He asked me with a concerned look."I sense a great disturbance....but i dont know where."I told him as i drank my coffee."Great disturbance hm? Well, let the Great Devil Ape handle that."He said with a cocky look."A-Alright then."I said with a nervous and cringed ass smile."I'll be upstairs."I told him as i got off of the bar seat and went up to my room."Now?"He asked me with a confused look."I gotta study for my exams."I told him with a smile."Alright then, dont overwork yourself."He said with a smile. I gave him a nod and went upstairs.

*Oreki's Room : Oreki's POV*

I was studying in my room since i had nothing else to do. As i was studying, i decided to look up the codes hidden in Takatsuki Sen's books.'I know they're codes, but what is it hinting? A new book maybe? Or maybe a warning?'I kept on asking myself those questions as i looked for the hidden meaning behind the codes. As i was looking for the codes, i notced a strange voice appear in my head."Find anything?"The voice asked me with a curious tone."Eh? Whos there?!"I asked as i stood up from my chair and looked around my room."Dont worry, its just me."The voice said with a bright and happy tone."Ya'know, your new sensei, Dobutsu."The voice said happily."Dobutsu-san?"I asked him with a confused look."How and why are you in my head?"I asked him with a confused look."I'm you now remember? We share the same thoughts now."He told me with a bright tone."Anyways, i'm as curious to these codes as you are."He told me with a bright tone."Eh? Really?"I asked him with a curious look."But why?"I asked him with a confused look."Takatsuki  Sen is an author whos pretty much interested in Ghouls....we dont know why but she is pretty well known in the Ghoul Community...."He told me with a bright tone."Thats why i wanna get to the bottom on why shes even interested in us Ghouls in the first place."He said with a bright tone."I see, well then in that case....Heres the codes i found so far."I told him as i showed him the codes."One Eye, King, Owl, Old Man, Coffee Shop, Terrorists and Peace."He said as he read up on the codes ive written down on paper.

"One Eye has to mean something..."I said as i rubbed my chin."Maybe its reffering to One Eyed Ghouls?"I asked Dobutsu who was in my head."Could be, but that doesnt really connect to the word King and Owl....unless..."Dobutsu paused with a suspicious tone as he analyzed the codes."Oreki, try looking up One Eyed King on your laptop."He told me with a serious tone."E-Eh?"I asked him with a confused look."What for?"I asked him with a confused tone."Theres something i wanna look up on."He told me with a curious tone. I opened Google and searched for 'One Eyed King'. The search results i found were all about kids born with only 1 eye but nothing about the One Eyed King Dobutsu-san mention.'Hmmm'I thought to myself as i pulled some strands of my hair."Hmmm, looks like this One Eyed King hasnt been discovered yet.."Dobutsu-san said as he looked at my laptop screen."Discovered? What do you mean?"I asked him with a confused look."Ive heard rumours of a Ghoul Orginization known as the Aogiri...its rumored that their leader is the One Eyed King...but for right now, we dont have any proof that the One Eyed King even exists.."He told me with a serious tone as he kept on looking at my screen.

*20th Ward : Anteiku : Touka's POV*

I was downstairs working while Kaneki was upstairs learning how to make coffee. His friend whom he calls Hide was sitting at the bar seat drinking coffee. He was thanking me for saving him the other day from Nishiki. As we were talking, Kaneki came downstairs and noticed our conversation."Sup Kaneki!"Hide greeted Kaneki with a bright smile as he raised his right hand."H-Hide! What are you doing here?"Kaneki asked him with a surprised look."You numskull! I came here to thank Touka-chan, of course."Hide said with a peace sign above his head."Thank her?"Kaneki asked him with a confused look."She helped us out when we were caught in that accident, right?"Hide asked Kaneki with a smile."Uh-"I cut him off by kicking his leg."Sounds like he hasnt recovered completely, huh?"I asked Hide with a soft smile."Are you okay?"Hide asked Kaneki with a smile."Oh. Uh, yeah."Kaneki responded with a fake smile."Good to hear."Hide said with a smile."I heard Nishio-senpai is still recovering in the hospital, so the fact that we got off with just scratches is all thanks to you, Touka-chan."Hide told me with a smile."Thanks for helping us, well catch ya later, Kaneki!"Hide said as he left Anteiku."Thank you so much/Yeah, see you later."Kaneki and i said in unison with a smile.