Chapter 3

*20th Ward : Behind Anteiku : Touka's POV*

"I said eat!"I yelled at the black haired boy forcing him to swallow the human hand i shoved down his mouth a few minutes ago. He eventually gave in and swallowed, but after that, he ran towards a wall and puked feeling disgusted that he ate it."Why would you do something like that??!"He yelled at me as he kept on puking."How could i eat human flesh?!"He asked me as he kept on vomitting on the floor."I'm human!"He yelled out as he looked at his own vomit."I'm not like you monsters!"He yelled out pissing me off a bit so i kicked him and sent him flying and then slammed him onto a small locker behind him and kept on physically attacking him and threw him to a wall where he eventually coughed out blood. His wounds suddenly healed without him realizing it.

I appraoched him slowly and crouched down beside him."Really, now? If i'm a monster, what does that make you?"I asked him with an expressionless look."Please, i'm begging you....tell me, what i'm supposed to do from now on?"He asked me with a sad look as if he was about to cry. That look reminded me alot of the first time i met Oreki in Anteiku. The regretful face of turning into a ghoul....his rebellious side of not wanting to eat human parts when he first sees it. This boy was probably on the same boat."Eversince that day, my life has been complete Hell!"He told me as he covered his face."Hell, huh? I want you to tell me something."I told him as i sighed."Tell me, what does cake really taste like?"I asked him as i got up and walked beside his body slowly."I cant tell since i gag everytime i look at it, but its something humans enjoy, right?"I asked him as i poked on a head of a dead corpse."Why dont you tell me what its like to live a peaceful life?"I asked him with an emotionless expression."One where you didnt need to fear the CCG and other Ghouls?"

He got up holding his head. He then leaned on a wall with a sad frown."Your life has been Hell? Get a hold of yourself!"I said with an irritated tone."Does that mean my entire life has been Hell?!"I asked him with an irritated tone."Hey, answer me!"I yelled at him as i threw a head of a dead corpse right at him. The head hit him on the face and thenn landed on his hands. He screamed realizing what i threw at him in fear."I'm human!"He yelled at me as i approached him and grabbed him by the hair and threw him towards a pile of metal. After that, i placed my leg right beside of a steel door and sniffed him for a bit."Its true that you're not a Ghoul, but you're definitely not human either."I told him with an expressionless look."A half breed like you have no place in this world!"I yelled at him with an irritated tone."I'm....I'm...."I cut him off as i started speaking again."If you're so hung up on being a human, why dont you test how long you can go without eating? I'm warning you, being a hungry Ghoul feels WORSE than Hell!"I told him with a glare as i got back to my Ghoul form.

"Touka-chan, i think thats enough."A voice appeared right beside me and the boy. I looked to my left and saw Tencho looking at us."Tencho..."I said noticing his presence."Jesus christ, you even woke the boy up."He said with a soft smile. As i looked at the Tencho, i saw Oreki-kun appear behind him with a scared look."T-Touka..."He called with fear in his eyes."W-what are you doing?"He asked me hiding behind the Tencho."Oreki-kun..."I paused for a sec and smiled softly infront of him."Nothings happening here, you can go back to bed now."I told him with a soft smile and a wave."You there."The Tencho called pointing at the black haired boy."Its been rough for you, right?"He asked him with a soft smile."Come with me."He told him as he and Oreki-kun walk off back into Anteiku."But Tencho, why?"I asked the Tencho with a confused look."Touka-chan, its our policy to lend a helping hand to Ghouls in need."He told me with a glare as his Ghoul eyes appeared.

*20th Ward : Anteiku : Oreki's POV*

The Manager was making Coffee while Touka looked bored sitting on a table infront of me. The black haired boy we found looked very depressed as he kept on looking at the floor. The Manager eventually finished making coffee for the black haired boy and gave it to him."Thank you for waiting."The Manager said with a smile."Enjoy."He said with a smile as he placed the cup of coffee infront of him. The boy hesitated to drink the coffee as he kept on looking at it with a depressed look."Do you not like Coffee?"The Manager asked with a confused look."Its not, but..."He paused as he looked at the Manager."Kaneki-kun, take a good look at that Coffee."The Manager told him as he looked at the coffee closely."Any thoughts?"He asked him with a smile."It looks quite inviting."He said with a depressed yet suspicious tone."Its just a regular cup of coffee."He told him with a smile.

Eventually, he gave in to it and grabbed the cup of coffee. He then drank the cup like a normal person would."Its really good...."He said with a nervous smile."This is great!"He yelled as he started to cry."But when it comes to food, i'm always left with a terrible place in my mouth!"He said as he bursted into tears."Through History, Coffee has been proven to be the only thing that we Ghouls can enjoy along side humans."The Manager told him with a smile."However, drinking Coffee isnt going to keep your hunger in check."He told him with a small smile."Which is why...."He paused as he took out a package of human flesh out of his pouch and placed it beside the black haired boy."What is that?"The boy asked with fear in his eyes."If you run out, feel free to ask for more."The Manager told him with a smile."You're always welcome here."He said nodding his head with a smile.

After a few hours, The Manager eventually closed up shop. I went upstairs to my room to get some rest while Touka helped out with the Manager.'Was that boy....like me?'I thought to myself as i walked up the stairs.'But how? Is there another Doctor behind this?'I kept on thinking to myself as i got worried that Doctor Fueguchi might end up getting in trouble for these things out of suspicion by the CCG.

*Oreki's Bedroom : Oreki's POV*

I was lying on my bed and kept on thinking who else might have the brain power to create another One Eyed Ghoul like me. As i kept on thinking, i eventually fell asleep and snored for an entire night.

:Dream:

I was back at the scene of where i fell down the Construction Site. I was sitting down on that construction site gazing the entire 20th Ward. As i kept on gazing, the same Ghoul who got transplanted into me appeared behind me."Curious, are you?"He asked me with a maniacal look."About the transplants i mean."He said as he appeared beside him and sat down."What do you want?"I asked him with a confused yet fearful look."Just like you, i'm very curious of these Doctors....i may be a Ghoul, but even i have Morals."He told me with a smile."Implanting a Ghoul onto a Human just to make them suffer.....thats just cruel to me."He told me as his facial expression turned from a smile to an irritated frown."But our case of course was diffrent, it seems that Doctor that saved our lives was doing it so we could both live a happy life....but i dont really see anything happy or fun being a Ghoul."He told me as he rubbed his chin."Especially when he decided to implant me into a child like you."

"So, we're on the same page?"I asked him raising a brow."Depends....do you resent me?"He asked me with a smirk."Why should i be? You're the sole reason why i'm still alive....even though you tried to eat me but thats besides the point....the only feeling i have for you right now is fear...."I told him as i looked down the Construction Site."Well, i guess that cant be helped."He said as he stood up beside me."Once a Ghoul tries to make you its predator, it is pretty much traumatizing....however, looks like you got potential to inherit my Kagune."He told me with a smile."Thats why i dont really resent you, i'm alot more....interested in you."He said as he walked off."Anyways, i decided to help you out on Image Training....maybe we can spar together sometime, i'll show you a few moves you can work on and you can use them when you're defending yourself from the CCG."He said with a smirk."So, how bout it?"He asked me with a smirk."I-I guess i could try it out.."I told him with a frown."By the way, i never got your name..."I told him witha  confused look."You can call me Dobutsu."He said with a smile."And you?"He asked me raising a brow."Oreki."I told him with a smile."You can call me Oreki."I told him giving him a soft smile.

"Well then, Oreki."He said with smile."See ya tomorrow when you're asleep."He said as he walked off and dissappeared along with the entire construction site."Guess i'll see ya too....Dobutsu."I said with a smile as i woke up from my dream.

*End*