t w o

DON'T TOUCH THAT DIAL

        callista woke up at the sounds of wanda flickering the lamp on and off and movements from outside. callista groaned, took off her sleep mask, and sat up. "wanda," callista whined. she looked over at her wife, who was currently sitting up in the bed next to her. "do you have any idea what time it is? and are you using your powers to turn on the lamo?" 

        "yes dear," wanda replied, calmly. another thud was heard from outside. 

        callista groaned and swung her legs off the bed, taking the covers off and standing up. "let me check what's going on." callista walked over to the window right near her bed, and looked outside. 

        "what do you see?" wanda asked, curiously. 

        "only the rose bushes," callista sighed. 

        "that's all?" 

        "i'm telling you love, i don't see anything at all." callista assured her wife, trying to be as gentle as possible. she turned to face wanda. "you have no reason to be frightened-" callista was cut off by another loud sound from outside. callista yelped and jumped back onto her bed in fear. she got back into the covers and snuggled them all the way up to the crook of her neck. 

        callista looked at her wife and wanda gave her a dirty look. "you were saying?" 

        callista sighed. "i did hear a few of the guys at work talking about questionable people in town moving in. we never know what they could be up to. they could break into our house at any moment, vandalize property."

        "being the strongest woman in town, moving objects without touching them." wanda said, sarcastically. 

        "you think they're talking about us?" callista asked. another loud thud was heard from outside, and wanda and callista's bed were moved into one. "we should really figure out what that sound from outside is." callista suggested. 

        "yes, one of us should," wanda jumped, emphasizing one. the thud was heard again, and callista jumped under the covers, then peeking her head back up. "oh this is getting ridiculous, i'm going to take a look!" wanda fumed. 

        "if you would like to die, be my guest!" callista remarked, sarcastically. wanda pointed her finger at the curtains on the window, and with a swish of her finger, they opened, revealing a tree knocking into their window.