angsty vibe

Day Two

"And we're done!" Juliet high-fived Addison, proud of their project that they managed to finish in one night. "Oh shit, it's literally 4 am," Addison held up her phone, showing the time.

"Do you want to just spend the night?" Juliet asked. "Yeah, that would be great. Thanks." "Pajamas are in those two drawers," she pointed to her dresser.

Addison got up and got the clothing, thanking her before going into the bathroom and changing. Juliet was also changed once she came out of the bathroom. Both girls were wearing oversized t-shirts and pajama shorts.

"Come on. I have more toothbrushes in the bathroom," Juliet grabbed Addison's hand bringing her back to the bathroom.

The two brushed their teeth before getting into Juliet's king size bed. "Do you sleep with LED lights on or off?" Juliet asked Addison, not wanting to disturb her sleep.

"On, duh," she smiled. "Okay, good. I'm kinda scared of the dark, honestly," Juliet admitted. "Seriously?" Addison laughed. "Shut up," the brunette chuckled back, changing the lights to a blue color.

The two got into bed and shared goodnights. After a minute of silence Juliet opened her eyes to find Addison looking at her already. The two were quiet, not saying anything, just looking into each other's eyes. All of the sudden, Addison leaned over, kissing Juliet.

Juliet kissed her back, it quickly turning into a heated make out session. Addison pulled down Juliet's shorts, asking her if it was okay to which the bottom girl nodded her head frantically.

The night was filled with quiet moans, trying to not get caught by the rest of the Rilke family.

Juliet sat up, shaking the thought of the memory. She watched as Dot woke Fatin up, because she thought Fatin was dead. Juliet looked around, realizing her sister wasn't there.

"People, we're missing a person," Shelby also noticed after doing a head count. "Leah," Juliet and Rachel said at the same time as the missing girl walked towards them with a phone in her hand.

"It's Jeanette's. I heard it ringing, but it didn't seem real. Not that anything does anymore. So I followed the sound and I um, I..." Leah trailed off not being able to find the words.

"You frisked a dead body," Dot concluded. Lead nodded her head. "But then when I finally dug it out of her pocket, it died in my hands. The weirdest part is this is her second phone. The other one, we lost out in the water, but this is an entirely different one. One that worked and one that she chose not to tell us about. It's the there something, like, vaguely messed up about that? Like, not even vaguely. Deeply." Leah vented.

"Let me see it. It is kind of a sketchy phone," Fatin inspected it. "So what exactly are we trying to say here?" Shelby questioned. "I don't know," Fatin and Leah stated.

"I'm just wondering if the simplest explanation might be the right one. So she had two phones. It's not that crazy. She'd been knocked around so bad. She probably just forgot. Jeanette wasn't just in shock, you know. She was dying," Shelby spoke up for the dead girl.

Rachel spat on Jeanette's grave earning a bunch of disgusted looks. "What the fuck?" Juliet said in shock. "Fuck. Sorry. But like fuck her. She forgot! That could've been our only way out. But why didn't you wake us up?" Rachel realized.

"I don't know." "You don't know? You hear a phone and instead of waking us up, you sit there and you contemplate what's fucking real and what's not so that by the time you get to the phone-," Rachel was cut off by Leah. "Rachel it was confusing."