do the right thing

Day Six

Everyone was moving their belongings once again. This time out of the cave and back to the campsite in a weather that resembled "being blasted by a giant hairdryer", as Dot described.

Juliet was with Nora, Fatin, and Shelby taking a bath in the ocean. She was in a royal blue bathing suit that Fatin forced her to try on. The Pakistani-American didn't hesitate to hype the girl up after seeing her come out in the bikini. For a girl who doesn't "do sports", her body sure was banging, although she wouldn't agree.

"Fuck, I miss my socials," Fatin complained. "Feels strange to say this, but I sort of don't," Shelby countered. "Oh, come on. The fans, the haters, the memes. The thirst-traps. It's all happening somewhere but... without us."

"I just wonder what the current scandal is. You know, like who's getting canceled right now?" Juliet rinsed the shampoo out of her hair. "You know what my daddy says when he thinks I'm looking at my phone too much? You'll never spot a rainbow looking down," The Texan spoke.

"Except that people are always posting rainbow pics on Instagram," Nora chimed in making Fatin laugh. "Can I get my soap? Time for a quick whore bath." "Excuse me, what is a whore bath?" The blonde questioned.

"Just the pits, tits, and slits," Nora answered as she dipped back into the water, surprising the three. "Damn, Nora," Juliet chuckled. "You're lowkey very edgy, aren't you?" Fatin pointed out.

"Wait, why do I feel like I'm being ganged up on-," Shelby cut herself off, feeling something by her leg. "Oh, what the hell is touching me?"
Nora picked up the bag and showed it to the girls. "Fuego."

The nine females stood around the snack bag that was lying on the ground. Dot and Toni both dove for it at the same time. "Alright, I'm not trying to start shit, but I bought those at the airport. I put them in my carry-on," Dot shared her side.

"No way, I bought them at a mini-mart in Richwood along with an orange fucking Gatorade like I always do," Toni argued. "She did, on our way to Fargo to catch our first plane," Martha backed her up. "Bam! Where's your witness?" Toni wrapped her arm around her best friend.

"Hey, hey, hey. How about we just take a step back and get a good clear read of the situation," Shelby stepped in. "The situation is that they're mine and anybody who tries to take them is a colonizer," Toni declared making Fatin chuckle lightly and Juliet laugh. The basketball player smirked, looking over to the laughing pianist.

Juliet didn't even care that much about the Takis. They were really delicious, but after that "bath", she felt good enough that she was at least somewhat clean. Her face was bare for the first time. The days prior she stayed on top of doing her makeup, but she didn't have the energy to do it today. She hadn't taken any Adderrall for the past few days, thinking rescue would've shown up by now.

"Okay, just listen up for a sec. We're all real sick of eating macadamia nuts, right? And here we have something that everybody wants with no surefire owner. So I say that we look at these Takis as a grand prize and we play for them," Shelby proposed. "Can't we just eat them?" Leah said slightly annoyed.

"Yeah, seriously. She's gone full youth group counselor on us," Fatin agreed. "Play what?" Rachel asked. "Three words. Shelter building contest." Dot was more than happy with the idea. "No way!"

"We'll split into two teams, and whoever builds the best, most durable one wins," Shelby explained. "I'm out," Rachel shut down the idea. "How many times do I have to say it? I'm not trying to make myself at home here. I want to leave."

"We won't survive without shelter, Rachel, and the universe has a wicked sense of humor. Rescue will probably show up as soon as we finish," Nora spoke up for the first time. "If you hold it, they will come!" Dot quoted a movie.