fix me

Day Three - Part Two

"Hey," Addison walked up to Juliet who was making final touches on her makeup backstage. "Hi, babe." The two places a kiss on each others lips. "You ready to play?"

"Yeah, I'm kinda nervous though. This piece was more complicated than I thought it'd be," Juliet explained, thinking over the music.

"Well, you're going to do great. You look perfect, and you'll play perfect," Addison smiled, rubbings her hands up and down the long sleeves of the other teens dress. Juliet mustered up a smile, knowing her girlfriends words were far from the truth.

She placed a kiss onto the cheerleaders lips before leaning their foreheads against one another's. "I love you," Addison whispered. "I love you too."

"I should go take my seat. Leah's probably very eager to speak to the one and only," Addison joked making dramatic hand gestures to point to herself. "I'm sure she is," Juliet chuckled watching her walk off.

The moment her girlfriend was out of sight, she exhaled a breath she didn't realize she was holding. She turned around to face the mirror and scanned over her face, breathing heavily.

Juliet reached into her bag before taking out her anxiety medication and swallowing a pill. Then, she reached back into the bag and pulled out a small white bottle that was filled with Adderrall pills she had gotten from the school drug dealer.

Nervously, she took out a pill and crushed it onto the table remembering what the dealer told her to do. She rolled up the closest thing to her which was a yellow sticky note, and hesitantly sniffed it. She snorted as much as she could before wiping the rest off with her hand and discarding the small yellow paper.

"Next, we have Juliet Rilke, performing on the piano." Juliet took a deep breath before walking out onto the stage.

"So, what do we do with it?" Martha asked the group who was sitting in a circle around the recorder. Everyone looked towards Dot. "What are you looking at me for? I don't know dick about planes. Two days ago was the first time I'd ever even been in one."

"We should open it," Leah spoke. "But it says right on the thing-," Martha was cut off by Leah. "Martha, I know but if we were to get inside you might find the actual recording. Like the actual tape of what happened to us out there."

"Don't we kind of already know what happened?" Martha questioned. "Do we? Can somebody tell me the full account. From the turbulence to the moment you woke up here. Besides look at how big and loud the 'Do Not Open' is. Part of me feels like it's telling us to do the opposite, like it's being ironic," Leah stated.

"Fuck no. We're not opening it," Rachel countered. "Jesus. She's intense," Fatin whispered leaning into the Rilke sisters. "Yeah you have no clue. She almost fucking killed me out there. Like a total psychopath," Leah responded making the two girl's eyes go wide. Juliet's eyes narrowed in on Rachel, pissed off that she did anything to potentially hurt her sister.

Nora and Dot spoke about how the box is a beacon which could be beaming out their location. Shelby thought that they could assume the beacon is busted since they hadn't been found yet.

Rachel snapped and said, "Do Not Open! What part of that is unclear? What if we open it and break a completely functional beacon? That would wipe us off the grid entirely. Is that what you want? Cause if that's what you all want you're fucking damaged."