pleasure, tension, forgiveness?

Day Eighteen

It'd been three days since the plane flew over. Hunger was kicking in more for everyone, but Juliet was doing okay- the Adderall making her lose her appetite. She was able to sneak a pill before everyone woke up. While the rest of the girls sat around the fire as they all started to wake up, Juliet walked down to the water, standing at the shoreline.

She sighed, breathing in the familiar smell of the sea. The brunette took off her clothes, revealing herself in a black bikini. She plopped down on the sand, lying down with her eyes closed.

"You shouldn't be directly under the sun like that. You're gonna get a bad sunburn. It's hot as balls today," the basketball player stood over the pianist. Juliet groaned slightly, opening her eyes. "I'm willing to risk that chance for a golden complexion. I need to look glowing for the paparazzi frenzy."

Toni chuckled lightly at the girls words, sitting down beside her. It was quiet for a moment before she noticed Juliet's shaking hands. "Your hands are shaking. Are you okay?" She questioned her concerned. "Oh yeah," Juliet sat up slowly. "I don't have anymore anxiety meds, so I'll probably have to deal with it until rescue shows up. It comes and goes though," she explained as Toni listened intently.

"The Adderall doesn't exactly help either," Juliet thought. Toni grabbed the girls hand in her own to help calm it, the action making Juliet smile at her in thanks.

"So what's the first thing you're going to do when we get out of here?" She asked the basketball player who shrugged. "Probably down a chocolate shake with some Velveeta. What about you?"

"No idea. Maybe I'll catch up on all of the episodes of Grey's Anatomy that I've missed. Wanna go in the water? It's so hot." Toni nodded her head and the two made their way towards the water.

Juliet sunk under the ocean, absorbing the feeling of cool water on her skin. She went back up to the surface, head tipped back and water dripping out of her hair. Toni watched the girl run her hand through her soaking hair as she looked up at the sky.

"What are you waiting for, Shalifoe? Get under," Juliet ordered and Toni did just that. "I wonder when they'll get here. It's taking forever," the musician complained. "Maybe tomorrow. Is that why your hands are shaking? Cause you're anxious to get out of here?"

Juliet was slightly caught off guard by the question because she didn't know how to answer. She was eager to get off the island but also scared to because she knew what would come once rescued: no more drugs, possibly rehab, and even less trust from her parents.

"Partially, I guess. When I'm not on my meds I'm kind of just always in a constant state of anxiety, so," Juliet joked but was telling the truth. "What about you? Got any debilitating mental illnesses?"

"Nah, thankfully no. This island situation is shitty enough, and I can't imagine having even more anxiety to go along with it. You're really strong, Juliet," Toni spoke her mind. Juliet smiled, looking away. "No, I'm not. Trust me. I am so not," she got quieter as she spoke. Toni turned Juliet's head to make her look her way.

"You are, Juliet. You're a fifteen year old surviving on an island for almost a month now, no meds, no food, no toilet paper while people your age are getting drunk at parties or smoking weed in parking lots," Toni grabbed the sides of Juliet's face with her hands, "You're so strong," she looked into her eyes.

The tension was thick between them, and Toni couldn't help but break it as she closed the gap between them. Juliet kissed her back, leaning into her before they pulled apart for air.

"Too bad rescue's coming. I could get used to this," Juliet told Toni. "That makes the two of us." "Come on, we should get back," Juliet held her hand out to which Toni grabbed, and they walked back to get Juliet's clothes and then to the group. Juliet caught Fatin's smirk at them being hand in hand and couldn't help contain her smile before they let go of each other, Toni sitting with Martha and Juliet with Leah.