Resolutions

Genos was nearly in a blind panic. He had realized his actions were most likely too rash when he decided to confront Tatsumaki. His sensei loved her way too dearly, he realized, to take it sitting down. He was terrified that he would stop training him, or stop talking to him altogether.

He was aware that the damage he had caused might be irreparable. He was picking up the phone to call, because he couldn't stand waiting any longer, when the phone rang. He slowly picked it, his hands still shaking.

"Genos?" Saitama said from the other end. Genos froze a moment.

"Y-Yes?" he said slowly, hoping that the panic wasn't showing in his voice.

"You are still my Disciple, but you must know, you crossed a line Genos." he said with no nonsense in his tone. Genos was utterly relieved he hadn't lost everything, but knew this wasn't finished.

"I'm sorry Sensei... I don't know what came over m-"

"She told me Genos. She told me why you attacked her and why you were so angry with my leaving. It's nothing personal Genos, but I don't prefer men. That's all." he said. Genos feared that he might say that, but it wasn't like Saitama led him on in any way. So at least the blow wasn't too harsh.

"So... I'll still be around, but please do not go around Tatsumaki again." Saitama said. Genos knew it was more than he he could have asked for, but still somehow felt empty, like there was something missing that he needed to find.

"Sensei. I will inform you, i'm giving up on this. I'll... find someone else that makes me happy." He said, with a newfound sense of hope in his chest, believing his own words. Maybe he really could do it. He was bisexual so it wouldn't be hard to focus away from him, he told himself that he shouldn't cling to the first guy he got to truly know.

"Good." Saitama said. "Good to know we could come to a good resolution."