Chapter 8 ~ Secrets Revieled

I sigh, walking to the infirmary. "For the millionth time, Zero; I'm fine!" I growl at the worried hunter beside me, "I've had worse!" I seethe. "I'm sorry..." Zero whispers as he directs a disgusted look at the floor, "I really am a beast in human form." "Zero," I say, getting his attention, "Just shut up and kiss me." Allowing a smile onto his face, he crashes his lips onto mine, snaking his hands round my waist. Putting my arms round his neck, I gently pull away needing air. 'Damn vampires not needing to breathe.' I think, annoyed. Zero chuckles. "What? Oh, I said that out loud didn't I?" Nodding, he takes my hand as we continue walking to the infirmary, a smile on both of our faces.

We have a laugh and a joke along the way, not really caring about anything. "I tell you, he's obsessed with Kuran!" I exclaim rather loudly, not caring it's the middle of the night. "Why, though?" Zero challenges. "I don't know-" Zero gasps, sarcastically, placing a hand on his chest in fake shock. "The mighty Cipher, not knowing something!" He chuckles sarcastically, earning a punch in the arm. "Shut it. Anyway, he has this collection in his room of everything Kuran broke in anger, according to Akatsuki." I laugh, Zero laughing with me. Approaching the door to the infirmary, I put my hand up to stop Zero from entering. He shoots me a confused look an I whisper: "Listen." Doing as he's told, for once, he listens to the conversation taking place behind the doors.

"Years ago, Zero's family were attacked by a vampire. There is only one type of vampire that can turn a human into a vampire, and these are known as purebloods. Only a handful of them still remain. The vampire that attacked Zero was in fact a pureblood. So, don't worry Yuuki, Zero's bite won't turn Chioye into a vampire, as he is obviously not a pureblood. Go on, go back to your dorm."

Turning, I see Zero running off down the hall. I'll talk to him later, but right now, I need to have a word with Cross. Opening the door, Yuuki stared at me with wide eyes. "You knew, didn't you?" She whispers lowering her head. "Yeah, not just that. I was there." I explain, causing her to look up at me with pure shock. Ignoring her reaction I walk into the infirmary, coming face to face with a fearful Cross.

"Cross. What did I say? Don't. Tell. Anyone. Of. Zero's. Or. I's. Past." I growl, scaring the hunter further. "I'm sorry Hime-sama! But she has to know sooner or later!" He stutters, fear lacing his voice. Smirking, I voice an an amusing thought, "I wonder what she'll do when she finds out her beloved Kuran is one of those few purebloods." Cross manages to mask his fear as I turn. Walking out of the infirmary, I pause at the door. "This is your last warning, Cross. I am not going to allow it to happen a third time." I snarl, closing the door behind me.
...
Knocking on Zero's door, I enter straight away, seeing him point the bloody rose at himself. "Don't even think about it!" I shout, running towards him and grabbing the gun. Flipping us, he pins me down forcing me to point the gun at him. "Cipher, I want to die, and I want you to kill me." He states, looking down at me. "I'm sure that's classed as being suicidal." I say in a monotone, trying to lighten the mood. "Cipher!" He yells, shocking me, "I know you heard it too; the sound of me drinking your blood!" He traces his bite marks, sadness seeping into his features. "So just kill me!" "Why!?" I shout back, shocking him. "I promised that before you become a level E I shall kill you while you still have at least some humanity left, and I'll keep that promise! So don't you dare leave me!"

Releasing the gun, he leaves my crying form on the bed, walking out. Coming to my senses, I run after him, tears still streaming down my face. Seeing him near the gate, I hug him from behind. "Please, Zero. I love you. Don't leave me!" I cry into his back. "Cipher... I'm sorry... I won't leave you ever again." He apologises turning round and kissing me passionately on the lips. "Z-zero?!" We pull apart, looking at Bitch-Chan. Raking my hand through my hair, I sigh, "Well, I guess that cat's out of the bag."

I'll show you a sweet dream the next night.