Chapter 9 - The Calm Before The Storm

"Look! I told you they'd get together!" "They're, like, perfect for each other!" I let out a low growl, causing Zero to chuckle. "I swear, one of these days I'll end up killing one of these girls. Can't they get on with there own lives, and stay out of others!" I yell at the end, causing the whispering students to stop talking about Zero and I. Zero chuckles once more, giving my hand a squeeze. You see, we're walking to class, minding our own business, with our hands intertwined, you know, like couples do, and no-one can shut the bloody hell up about it!

Walking into class, Zero and I take our usual seats at the back and listen to the chatter of the rest of the class. "I hear we have a new ethics teacher!" "Yeah, I say him this morning! He is so hot!" Rolling my eyes, I turn to Zero, "These girls would even think a dung beetle was hot." Zero lets out a soft chuckle. Our heads snap to the front when the door slams open. "SAFE!" Bitch-chan yells as she enters the classroom, stopping when she hears the chatter of the day class. Taking her seat, she begins to chat with Yori.

'Another day.' I think with a sigh, resting my head on my chin and closing my eyes. I ignore the sound of the door opening, thinking it was another student. "Okay everyone, take your seats." 'Wait. I know that voice!' I think, my eyes snapping open. "It seems word of my arrival has preceded me." He says. "I am Touga Yagari, your new ethics lecturer. Any questions?" I take a glance at Zero as all the girls start asking stupid questions. He looks just as shocked as I am.

"Um, is that eyepatch a new fashion trend?" At this, Zero and I scrape our chairs back and leave, gaining the attention of the rest of the class. Zero takes my hand in his, walking towards the front gate. Intertwining our fingers, we both let a smile onto our faces. We walk in silence. Nothing needs to be said. Our silence is broken by the bitch, who comes running up to us, shouting about how we shouldn't be walking out of class. "Like you have room to talk." I say, getting her attention. "And what is that supposed to mean!?" She fumes. "That I am top of the class, Zero is second, and you, are last." I state, causing her to anime fall. "I-I guess so... Huh?" She says, turning round to the gate where the headmaster is waiting. "I have a job for you three..."
...
"So, why are we the errand boys!?" I growl, getting annoyed with all the people. Chuckling, Zero replies, "Because the headmaster can't be bothered." "I guess going on errands for the headmaster has its perks doesn't it!" The bitch smiles, shielding the sun from her eyes. "No." Zero and I deadpan, causing her to sweat-drop. "Let's go!" She cheers, running off towards an ice cream store. 'Oh yay.' I think, sighing. Looking at each other, Zero takes my hand as we dejectedly follow her.

"The ice-cream is really good here, don't you think?" The bitch asks happily, eating a so full of her ice-cream. "I wanted Ramen." Zero and I state together, taking a sip of our cups of tea, making her sigh. "Me and Yori came her the other day too-" "Excuse me, are you two from the night Class?" The waitress asks Zero and I, making us growl. "You are aren't you!? I know you were from the moment I saw you, you're different-" "We're leaving." We say, walking out of the store. Waiting for the bitch, Zero doubles over, clutching his throat. 'Not now!' I think, panicking. He drops the stuff to the ground, running off. "Zero!" I call as I follow him.

"Zero!" I say as he leans against a dark alley wall. Taking a step closer, he wraps his arms around me, licking my neck. Giving him better access, I tilt my head to the side, allowing him to sink his fangs into me. He drinks greedily, eventually coming back to his senses. "I-I'm sorry..." He sighs. "Don't worry about it, let's find The bitch- I mean Yuuki!" I correct as he chuckles, "Let's go."

"In the alley!" I inform when I finally found her. Running in that direction, we see her frozen to the spot, about to be bitten by a level E. "Shit." I cuss as I climb up to the roof, Zero taking the alley. Zero hits the level E in the face with Artemis, buying me time. Getting into position, I call out Bloody Thorne, aiming it at the beast's head. I look behind him, seeing Takuma about to use his sword. Smirking, I shoot first. 'Bullseye.'

Jumping down. Yes, jumping, off the roof. Jumping down like the level E did I turn to a shocked Takuma and Senri, "Hey." I say casually. "H-Hello. U-Um, if you want to know why we killed that level E then come to the moon dorms tonight." He says turning round and walking off.

"How did you do that!?" The bitch shrieks, making me smirk. "Magic."

I'll show you a sweet dream the next night.