Chapter 5: Super 'Friend'

~Y/N's POV~

We both stand up before James says, "I'm going."
"No, you're not, we've got this handled." Winn orders, James just gives him a look, making Winn say, "We don't need Guardian right now!" Immediately after saying it, he covers his mouth in shock. I lift an eyebrow at Winn, "Oh come on, I already knew."
"What? How?!" a confused James asks.
"Dude, I work with you. I notice when you run out of work every time there's an attack or something." I answer him.
"Wait...What does Y/N have to do with this?" he asks Winn, still extremely confused.
"Umm...." Winn mumbles.
"Winn!" I shout, begging him not to finish his sentence.
"Oh come on! I told you his secret!"
"I ALREADY KNEW. He does NOT." I yell, watching Jame's face grow and grow with more confusion,

"Ugh...I'm....I'm Kryptonian." His expression fades into shock.
"There you go, can I go be me now please?!" I shout to Winn.
"Sure thing, C/N" Winn shouts back, realisation flowing across Jame's face.
I fly out of Kara's window as Winn heads over to the DEO, James close behind him.

As I soar through the skies, searching the ground below for the robbers, I heard a voice enter my ear, "C/N, we've got a position on the robbery."
"Alright. Wait...who's 'we'?" I ask Winn, after he gives me the address.
"I...I may or may not be at the DEO..." he stutters into comms.
"So we're working there now, are we?" I sarcastically suggest, while making my way over to the store.
"What?! No...I mean...if you want to.. I-mean-if-you-don't-mind, I-" I cut Winn off.
"I'm fine as long as they're cool with it." I say into comms.
"We will talk about this later, C/N." a familiar voice speaks on the other end.
"Alex, how nice of you to eavesdrop." I joke, lowering myself down to the ground once I reach the building.

I can practically see Alex's confusion as she says, "How do you-"
"Supergirl can you hear me?" Winn interrupts Alex to cover up what I let slip out.
"Yes, Winn, can you tell me what I'm dealing with here? Just a store robbery?" Supergirl replies into comms.
"Correction...You two have...5 armed robbers entering the building. From what I'm seeing on the cameras nearby, there are 2 outside and 3 in the back." Winn says to the both of us.
"What do you-" she pauses, "C/N?!"
"Ayy, she knows my name!" I shout into comms, scoping the surroundings before getting closer to the store, "That's neat."
"I-..." I hear Supergirl hesitate for some reason.

"Where are you at, Girl Of Steel? Can't carry all that weight on your own!" I teasingly say into communications, before feeling a gust of wind behind me.
"I think you'll find I can." she smirks at me, making my heart skip a beat. Damn.

Ugh, focus Y/N.

Carefully assessing the perimeter, we both dive onto the two masked men outside the store - taking both of them out.
"Sneaky, squeaky clean." I whisper after pushing the bodies out of view. The blonde lets out a small chuckle before straightening her back and entering the store. I guess we're going in then.

We're met with more robbers inside - as Winn claimed - one being slammed into a gun rack by Supergirl and another taking a little 'nap' on a glass case I broke.

We scan the room for remaining criminals as Supergirl says, "I thought Winn said there were five-" A sudden blast of green light is shot straight at Supergirl from inside the store's storage room.

I react quickly, rushing over to catch the blonde before she bashes into a wall. My back slams into the wall, luckily not hard enough to cause damage. I take a deep breath as I hold an injured Supergirl in my arms. "You okay?" concern and worry in my eyes.
"Yeah....I'll..be fine...." she says, hardly getting her words out.

I stand her up gently, wrapping her arm around my shoulder. I use my X-ray vision to scan the perimeter, only to find no site of the robber, "Damn it!" I look down at the still wounded woman on my shoulder, brushing a strip of hair away from her delicate face, "Hey...I think we should get you back to the DEO..." More worry grows into my eyes as she stares back into mine. "Yeah...I guess...Thanks..by the way." she smiles, looking up at me slightly.
"Hey, no problem, I can't have you falling into a wall..." a little smile grows on my face, "You'd hurt the wall." She blinks and opens her mouth before slapping my hip. I laugh my head off as we walk out of the store - a limping Supergirl still gripping onto my shoulder.