Chapter 8: Imprisioned

~Y/N's POV~

I hiccup my way through the tears as I step out into the sudden pouring of rain. Great. Just what I need. 

Dragging my feet through puddles and wet stones, I make my way through the streets of National City.

I don’t even know where I’m going, I just need to clear my head. I just told Kara how I felt and I’ve just betrayed Supergirl...What is wrong with my emotions..? I just keep on hurting everyone around me. I always have. I should just leave… leave the city and start somewhere new. It’s better for everyone…

Just as I’m about to make my way to my apartment to pack my things, I feel a slight tap on my shoulder. I turn ‘round to see a middle-aged man standing in front of me with a smug smile on his face. Before I can question him, he punches me in the face, sending me back by surprise, not actually feeling the pain though. I stand my ground and charge at him, causing him to slowly back up and look behind me. Before I can reach him, two large men pull me back and stab me with some sort of syringe. I look around at the wobbling skyscrapers swaying next to the dancing lights next to the road. My head starts to feel like a hundred tons and my eyesight begins to get fuzzy. I collapse into someone’s arms and feel a stab of pain as I’m thrown into a hard surface. My face relaxes on a dark, rough carpet as my breath starts to fade. Just before I fade out, I hear a faint splash of water washup against the side of what seemed to be a van - a van I am somehow trapped in. 

~KARA’s POV~

I stumble into my apartment after the long day I’ve had. I grab a drink and slump onto the couch, turning on the TV. I take a sip and slowly doze off into the night. 

~The next morning~

I wake up, still on the couch, and check my watch. Gasping at the time, I grab my things and rush out the door. Taking a few shortcuts I manage to land at Catco within a few minutes. I dash down to my desk, waving in and out of employees roaming the building. 

“KIERA!!” I hear an annoyed voice shout, coming from Cat’s office. Great. What does she want with me now? I’m not her assistant, that’s Y/N’s- 

“Ah Kiera, you’re finally here.” my thoughts get interrupted by the remark of Cat Grant as she swaggers over to me. 
“Yes, sorry, I- umm… My alarm didn’t- well-” I stutter, watching the emotionless look grow on Cat’s face. 
“Yes, yes, I don’t care for your excuse. Just get me a Latte.” she demands, walking back into her office. 
I follow shortly behind and stand my ground in front of her desk, “I’m no longer your assistant, Ms. Grant.”
I gulp as I see her begin her sentence, “Well, I don’t see my new assistant anywhere and I’m sure the 14 year old IT guy doesn’t know how to order a drink.”
“I-..wait… Y/N hasn’t come in yet?” I concerningly ask, wondering if it has anything to do with me… What am I talking about, of course it’s to do with me.

“No, and I expect to see her no more.” she states, sitting down at her desk. 
“What?! No! You can’t fire her this early!”
“Honestly, I’m surprised I didn’t fire her sooner; she’s unreliable and always late.”
“BY TWO MINUTES!”
“Plenty of enough time for The Daily Planet to take a story away from me while I’m not caffeinated.”
“I-”
“GO. Now.”
I trudge over to the elevator before being stopped by Winn and James. “KARA! Kara!” Winn shouts, grabbing me by the shoulders.
“What!? I’m right here, you know? You don’t have to shout.”
“I- I-...umm.” 
“Spit it out, Winn!”
“It’s about Y/N…” James answers for him. 
“What about her?!” I panic, hoping for the best. 
“She’s um...well… Just meet us at the DEO.” he says as both of them walk into the elevator.